• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speednut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Good choice Big E! Me too. XD9 service in K&D Cochise holster with belt and extra mag holder.

IMG_1234.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I carry a full size S & W 1911 in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II.

I just can't see how carrying that large of a gun can be comfortable? Don't get me wrong, I like the gun! I carry 1911 pattern pistols myself, but all my carry pistols are 1911 compact size guns, roughly "Officer" sized guns, some a bit smaller, some a bit bigger. And depending on the gun they weigh anywhere from 28 ounces to 40 ounces (fully loaded) they can get heavy at the end of the day if I don't have a good belt on to support the gun. I suppose I could switch up to one of my government sized 1911s to try it, but I think it might just make me appreciate the compact 1911 all that much more?

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    I always carry full size guns. I used to own a SW 1911 and carried it also, and it was perfectly comfortable. Maybe it depends on the holster? I don't know, but I don't find large guns uncomfortable at all. I even had a 4 inch GP100 I carried for awhile and it was fine too.

Relay4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just can't see how carrying that large of a gun can be comfortable? Don't get me wrong, I like the gun! I carry 1911 pattern pistols myself, but all my carry pistols are 1911 compact size guns, roughly "Officer" sized guns, some a bit smaller, some a bit bigger. And depending on the gun they weigh anywhere from 28 ounces to 40 ounces (fully loaded) they can get heavy at the end of the day if I don't have a good belt on to support the gun. I suppose I could switch up to one of my government sized 1911s to try it, but I think it might just make me appreciate the compact 1911 all that much more?

A top of the line holster/belt combo makes all the difference when carrying any handgun but even more so when it is a full size 1911. :rockwoot:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I usually carry a Taurus 5 shot .38 inside the belt at the small of the back. It isn't very visible that way. I am thinking about changing to either my Browning HP or my most recent purchase which is a Springfield 1911-A1 but they are both a bit bulkier.

Top Bottom