• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    I was wondering what handguns (especially center fire) just feel right in your hand, and allow you to shoot well, even on follow up shots? Please be specific, let us know the size of your hands and describe any modifications to your gun and why you think you shoot so well with this specific model handgun. Thanks!

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Honestly......my Hi Point 9 mm lol :rolleyes:. It fits my hand great (i'm a bigger guy), and has very little recoil. It's an accurate pistol and can shoot all day with out it bothering my wrist or anything. Definetely not a carry gun, but a blast to shoot.:ingo:

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    My P229 .40, I hate having the tea drinking finger (pinky hanging off the bottom of the grip) from subcompacts, fits in my hand and shoots great. I'm a little on the big side so CC hasn't been an issue for me either.

Hand size, I have short fingers but big palms, full sized guns are just easier to shoot for me

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Commander sized 1911's. They just seem to fit my hand and balance better for me.

Next would be my Sig 228. I like the balance of the 228 over the 229.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Any full size or compact Glock. They fit my hand hand pretty well and i have shot them for a long time and I am used to the "up and right" snap that some say they feel.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This is the gun I shoot the best.

1. I have average-size hands, but this gun has Springfield skateboard tape grips that allow me to grip the gun without applying a great deal of pressure.

2. The front site is a micro-fiber optic that allows me to place it directly on the target and know the precise place the round should hit. If is doesn't, I know it's totally my fault.

3. The trigger is reduced to one pound and I know that when I touch the trigger (bit of an exaggeration), the gun is going to fire.

4. The "hump" and the bottom of the beaver tail has been reduced to remove the irritation that comes after shooting a 1911 for a while.

5. I BELIEVE when I shoot this gun, it is going to hit exactly where I shoot. I PRACTICE with this gun a lot. I watched various parts get replaced in this gun I TRUST it.

picture.php

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    i wear a large glove (long fingers) but my hands are average size
    For autos I shoot beretta 92FS best - feels sooooo good!

I also shoot any smith & wessom large frame revolver very well.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Without a doubt I like a ruger blackhawk in my hand more than any other handgun. This is not a ccw obviously. I've got a bunch of handguns but none shoot better or feel better than these. Also the ballistics on the .41 mag are unbeatable. I'm 6'0" 225 lbs. I carry a glock 19 most of the time. Good luck.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Without a doubt I like a ruger blackhawk in my hand more than any other handgun. This is not a ccw obviously. I've got a bunch of handguns but none shoot better or feel better than these. Also the ballistics on the .41 mag are unbeatable. I'm 6'0" 225 lbs. I carry a glock 19 most of the time. Good luck.

The 41 MAGNUM is the B E S T kept secert, it's accurate & kicks about 20% less than a 44 MAGNUM:twocents:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    M&P 9 with the small backstrap and a Houge Handall slip-on grip fits my medium sized hands perfectly. With a proper fit I can now place most of my shots at 10 yards within the 10 ring with a flier every now and then in the 8-9 ring. I refuse to tell you how bad of a shot I was before finding this combo just suffice to say the target got a few laughs and had nothing to fear from me!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    my american classic 1911 only thing i changed is the grips on it. even then nothing more then a color change.

its a tie between it and my glock. my fat hands/fingers work well with them.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    My P229 .40, I hate having the tea drinking finger (pinky hanging off the bottom of the grip) from subcompacts, fits in my hand and shoots great. I'm a little on the big side so CC hasn't been an issue for me either.

Hand size, I have short fingers but big palms, full sized guns are just easier to shoot for me

+1. All of the above is true for me as well.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Medium Large hands - I shoot my 14" 6.5 TCU Contender best using custom grips by Dave Dolan. On the bench I can make .5" groups and was able to take a standing coyote off sticks at @ 420 yards.

Top Bottom