• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    4" 686- I have large hands and the balance of the 686 lends itself to good shooting. The full underlug also seems to help the sights "hang" on target. The 5000 or so rounds I've sent downrange in it have also made the trigger superb, which aids greatly in accuracy.

Next up would be my m&p 340- but that's entirely because I carry it and thus practice A LOT with it.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    My hands are probably medium and seem to fit smaller grips better. I shoot several that are roughly equal. They all came with good sights and a decent trigger:

• 1911, 5", w 17.5 to 18 lb. recoil spring. Very low muzzle flash.
    • SIG Sauer P225/P6. All have a 225 mainspring. Just feels good to shoot.
    • HK P7M8. Unmodified. Nice weight and low bore axis.
    • Ruger SR9. Unmodified. Very controllable, 1911-like grip and manual safety.

For fast, and accurate, followup shots (3 to 5 shot strings) I rate the HK in first place followed closely by the Ruger; in my hands. The other two are very close. All are close enough to make little to no practical difference.

444HPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Hamilton
    I have large hands and long fingers my 2 favorite and best shooting handguns are my Kimber 1911 w/ custom Punisher Grips and the .44mag Desert Eagle very accurate weapons also both are CC on a regular basis depending on which one feels better for the day

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Mr. Browning got it right back in 1911. I carry a Colt 1911A1 Defender ( commander size) with a crimson trace laser. I don't often use the laser to sight a shot but it helps me aquire a sight picture quickly. Accurate, dependable and packs a wallop.

I'm a rather big guy of 65 but small by today's standards. I have fairly large hands and the colt just feels the way it should.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    A Kimber Ultra Carry. I have fairly large hands and have used the 1911 style gun for years. I have had some trigger work done, but thats about as far as I have gone towards customizing it.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I really like my G22 / .40! I've had grip ext. put on @21st. Makes coming out of a holster a lot faster and easier. My hands are probably medium size, as I get an 80% wrap around the grip. Probably the reason this gun shots so well for me is that we bonded, ( the gun and I ), right there at 21st in Bluffton. It felt good in my hand, the right weight, the right texture, if you know what I mean. Handle a few different guns and you'll know which gun is yours.

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    Everyone thank you for the excellent responses. I asked the question because I have medium to smaller hands. (I wear a men’s large glove but my hands are not that big) and I find that many guns are just not comfortable for my hand. I can shoot decent when focused on a single shot but I find it difficult to get off a whole magazine of quick accurate hits with most guns that fit my hands. I have shot a good number of guns in different calibers and it’s strange because I really like .45, in fact one of the best shooting guns I have ever shot I did not own. It was a Ruger P97 with non-factory recoil springs. It was slightly large for my hand but it shot very soft on recoil. I think this was a combination of factors obviously the springs, the weight of the gun and perhaps even the ammunition, as .45 is a “low” pressure round. Seems to push more than snap, like 9mm or .40, I was actually able to accurately make quick follow up hits with the P97. I really like shooting revolvers, but once again for accurate shooting, I have to be in single action, so follow up shots suffer. You guys kind of have me thinking about a commander size 1911 now as so many people seemed to state that they shoot well with the mid sized 1911 platform, and CC is very important to me also. I have been working on a review of a bunch of the guns I have owned and what I have liked and disliked about them. I was going to post it to Christian Gun Owners website but hell, I would rather post here with my local gun nuts. Thank you all who contributed, for me that was very educational.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy

cranduit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    My personal favorite is my Walther P99 AS. Nice smooth single stage trigger and it fits my hand so well I can forget I'm holding it. Honestly, it probably is too comfortable.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    A 1911 of course! The most natural pointer in existence.

final1911small.jpg

50 rounds at 20-yards:
    sa50at20.jpg

I think she's a keeper!

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    Ruger SP101 2" barrel, DAO

Shoot the ____ off a _____ anywhere inside of 50 feet.

I am just straight up jealous, I had the same revolver. I loved that revolver for what it stood for which is all that is good holy and durable in a handgun...I sold it because I could not shoot it worth a ****! Made me very sad.:(

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I have large hands and most glocks(2nd gen)fits me nice. Full size1911 with thick grip side plates do as well . Choose what cal. you want then get what feels best in your hand. It doesn't matter who likes what, it's what fits you best. Most guns shoot just as good as the person shooting it can. Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

Top Bottom