• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Practicing wood carving/making curls during study breaks. I haven't practiced knots for a week or two, so I need to get back on that.

We just removed some unwanted/unneeded stuff from the house too.

More job hunting. Having a reasonable job and income is a primary element of prepping.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Emptied out the rain barrel and put it in the garage for winter. 1st chance I had to do that chore and glad I did. The top wire mesh was almost frozen shut. Brought in both hose reels a couple days ago. The neighbor still has theirs hooked up. That could prove to be an expensive mistake.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Emptied out the rain barrel and put it in the garage for winter. 1st chance I had to do that chore and glad I did. The top wire mesh was almost frozen shut. Brought in both hose reels a couple days ago. The neighbor still has theirs hooked up. That could prove to be an expensive mistake.

We drained all the hoses at the 1st hint of mid to low 30* nights. Rain barrels are drained and inverted on the stand. The pump is serviced and stored away.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I need to cover the vents to the crawlspace under the condo. The cold air blowing through there makes getting hot water to the showers an issue.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Weather permitting I'll be patching my 3,000 gallon cistern. I catch rain water, use it for laundry, toilets, sinks, showers. I run it through a water filter to use for cooking and drinking.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Nothing as eventful as any of you guys, but I got out to the range and this time I had a spotter with me. I have an old A2 style 20" AR-15 and I fine tuned the zero so that I could be sure that all the elevations on the dial either worked or didn't work. Using xm193 55gr fmj, a dilligent spotter, and a bushmaster A2 with the old school carry handle that actually worked as a carry handle we were able to slap some steel out to 800 yards. I've been on an old school kick for a while now and I'm falling back in love with iron sights.

With all the talk about snow, I'm suddenly motivated to get my snow blower up and running again.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Took an AR and a pump shotty over to the new place. Ran some of my HD rounds thru the AR to be sure where they landed at the 25 yard line. Still need to pattern the shotgun for in home ranges.

Took some MREs over as well as a go bag that I am starting to build for there.

Need to get the 275 gallon tote cleaned out and filled. Going to miss not having a pond, but not much.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Currently rendering a boatload (okay... an 18 quart roaster load) of lard.

Ripping my CD collection to iTunes and testing the beer reserves while the heat works its magic...

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Picked up one of the large Mr Heater buddy heaters at 1/2 price. Refurbished via eBay.

Next on the list is a large pack of the 1lb tanks, 2 20lb connection hoses, and a refill setup for the 1lb tanks.

Woukd gave gotten the smaller one at the same price but this will help in the house if power is lost.

Top Bottom