• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Might be able to set that one aside for real emergencies and have another "Debit only" card tied into the checking account. Using cash for items is a real eye opener also.
    I've found tracking expenses monthly to be the big eye opener for us...then tally it up for the year! .

I still use my credit card daily...why not get the cash back? It's all about self control...

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I've found tracking expenses monthly to be the big eye opener for us...then tally it up for the year! .

I still use my credit card daily...why not get the cash back? It's all about self control...
    It's possible, just not something I've done after doing the Dave Ramsey debt snowball 15 years ago. I don't have any credit cards or points for anything.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    It's possible, just not something I've done after doing the Dave Ramsey debt snowball 15 years ago. I don't have any credit cards or points for anything.
    We did the debt snowball, sort of. I wasn't selling my 37' boat or paying cash for everything, so we tracked every penny we spent. It worked for us, and it felt great paying cash for a $50k truck. I spend too much not to use cash back cards, and with travel for work, I've got a TON of hotel points.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County

I tried this but my mind went to "hey you don't have to pay this until next month and surely you will have more money then" and it was building up on me. I never missed paying it in full, but I was close sometimes. I think I am not a credit card person.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I agree….. but if shtf for real…… if there was any type of notice that card could be really valuable for a very short window. So I vote IF possible keep it and don’t use it
    I actually have 2 credit cards, the Citi Costco Card and a card through my bank. The limit is basically the same on both but I haven't used my banks card in forever. I'm going to close the Costco card as soon as I get my rewards from last year and then keep the local bank one open. I probably should use it for a tiny purchase here and there to keep it active and just pay it off right away. So they won't cancel it. Or I'll just ask them if I have to use it to keep it active. Last time I used it was a year ago I think.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I actually have 2 credit cards, the Citi Costco Card and a card through my bank. The limit is basically the same on both but I haven't used my banks card in forever. I'm going to close the Costco card as soon as I get my rewards from last year and then keep the local bank one open. I probably should use it for a tiny purchase here and there to keep it active and just pay it off right away. So they won't cancel it. Or I'll just ask them if I have to use it to keep it active. Last time I used it was a year ago I think.
    A once a year charge should keep it active or if you have a monthly subscription put it on there.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Spent outside last weekend. Had some friends over. It was cold, but we lived. Your tribe/crew/buddies is all about who's going to show up when things are tough, not warm and sunny. It's a pass fail test regardless of how well we slept or didn't.

Regarding the Ramsey plan debt, I have a fully charged renewed hatred of debt over the past few years. Where we work, the banks came at us full bore when times got tough because of all the covid problems. Now we're through it and back on outstanding health and it's time to settle up. I will do everything within my power to make sure my company is never "slave to the lender" ever again. Only owe on the house personally, and we recently bought a new minivan and it was the best feeling ever to write a check and slide it across the table. I hate debt.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Call it preparing if you think it is.

Created space in the garage freezer by removing 5 lbs. of hamburger.
    Created 6 clean quart jars by removing 3 quarts of tomato juice and 3 quarts of tomatoes from the wife’s pantry.
    Then with the help of a store onion and store kidney beans I created 14 quarts of chili. Which the wife then put in quart plastic containers and took up the spare room I created in the freezer. Should last the rest of winter.

Next weekend I do spaghetti sauce.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Yes, you go first
    So, right out of the gate, you come across as someone I would welcome to my camp. :thumbsup:

I like and have a cache of these:

And the Mormons know a thing or two about preparing for the worst:
    Quick Oats #10 Can
    Hard Red Weat #10 Can
    White Box Home Storage Starter Kit
    Wheat 20lb
    Rice 20lb

Your turn

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    So, right out of the gate, you come across as someone I would welcome to my camp. :thumbsup:

I like and have a cache of these:

And the Mormons know a thing or two about preparing for the worst:
    Quick Oats #10 Can
    Hard Red Weat #10 Can
    White Box Home Storage Starter Kit
    Wheat 20lb
    Rice 20lb

Your turn
    Don’t know exactly how many canning jars but 16 large totes full, both quarts n pints with enough lids to last for a couple years.

Garden is about a 1/4 acre. 5 shelves 8 ft. x 8 ft. x 24 in. full of canned veggies and meat, beef, venison, rabbit, as I type. 2 upright freezers full of stuff.

Whole house genny with piggybacked lp tanks. 2 years paid in advance lp. Wood stove and fire place as double redundancy.

Raise our own beef. A year supply of hay in barn in case of a bad hay year.

How am I doing so far. :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bought another thousand rounds. View attachment 327226

Where'd you buy them and what did you have to pay, if I can ask?

I have rounds in magazines, spread all around. Reloading components too. Still though, a sealed case or three is easy to count and feels good to have.

Also, turns into money quite quickly, in the leaner times.

Last edited:

Combat Engineer

One of the three percent.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2022
    Mauckport In.
    Where'd you buy them and what did you have to pay, if I can ask?

I have rounds in magazines, spread all around. Reloading components too. Still though, a sealed case or three is easy to count and feels good to have.

Also, turns into money quite quickly, in the leaner times.
    485 bucks free shipping.Velocity ammo sales.

Top Bottom