• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rotated fuel as the PPG is right at #1.81 here locally. The stabil is whats expensive...:):

Rotated out some of the oldest flats of water. Need to replenish soon.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Have a feeling if Biden wins legally.....heavy emphasis on legally..... this forum is going to get busy again.... Looking forward to seeing "Doomsday Preppers 2.0, the Biden Regime"

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Have a feeling if Biden wins legally.....heavy emphasis on legally..... this forum is going to get busy again.... Looking forward to seeing "Doomsday Preppers 2.0, the Biden Regime"

It'll be back in full swing with all the republicans who turned a blind eye to the bump stock ban as well. It seemed to me like almost all the people who were concerned took their foot off the gas as soon as Trump was elected. Now that it's likely he's out (pending any legal battle) then all of a sudden we'll start hearing people rant and rave about fiscal sanity, and gun rights again. Oh well, rinse wash and repeat.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    It'll be back in full swing with all the republicans who turned a blind eye to the bump stock ban as well. It seemed to me like almost all the people who were concerned took their foot off the gas as soon as Trump was elected. Now that it's likely he's out (pending any legal battle) then all of a sudden we'll start hearing people rant and rave about fiscal sanity, and gun rights again. Oh well, rinse wash and repeat.

yep

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Dug a few rather long narrow deep holes today, loaded 2,000 rounds of 40 and 45, took stock of shotgun shells and slugs, checked out all blackpowder supplies, all good on both accounts. all gas and water rotated, canned goods all rotated, Need a bigger basement!!!!!!!!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Bought some uv5r radios and programmed some common freq's in them. cant tx on them now but i can listen in and in an emergency they could be used. also ordered another dedicated gmrs radio. rotated out a couple cases of water and loaded up some ammo.

side note if anyone else has a gmrs license pm me your call sign and maybe we can make contact on a repeater.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The neighbor and us are building a co-owned garden next spring. We very stepping it off today. We're building it together split on the property line. We'll all sit down this winter and hammer out the details. He is a laborer and gets a lot of materials on job sites that would otherwise be thrown away.. It'll be nice to split the work too. Especially if one family is out of town and such.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty humorous how many friends and acquaintances are scrambling to buy "Cheap" AR's.
    As I do not own any of those they get visibly squeamish when I price one to them at the same money I have invested. No mark up. And then they want ammo.

This will get a bit nutty.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Pretty humorous how many friends and acquaintances are scrambling to buy "Cheap" AR's.
    As I do not own any of those they get visibly squeamish when I price one to them at the same money I have invested. No mark up. And then they want ammo.

This will get a bit nutty.

I sold my AR a couple of years ago, and then I was fortunate enough to find a cheap one and some ammo when COVID hit this spring and they were talking of all the shortages. Then the riots hit a few miles away and I was glad I had it. Not getting rid of it again (even if it is purple).

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Now why would you buy a sarcastic AR? Seems there are enough other things to annoy you about the platform. :D

Truly. ;) It will be a last resort. I have several wheelguns and my 45LC/.410 Circuit Judge loaded and ready to go throughout the house.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Bought 40# of chicken quarters for $16. Started breaking them down last night and realized we need a new food saver.
    Bought a couple of 10-lb turkeys for less than $3 each. Will probably get a few more if I have room because that's cheaper than chicken. I think Meijer has them for $0.31/lb, not sure when it starts or if there is a limit.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Reloading the last of my 9mm...gonna need more bullets for the future.
    Finished the smokehouse yesterday.
    Bought 20 lbs of burger and vacuum sealed it in 1.5 lb packages. Also 3 lbs of stew meat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With this last run at locking us down again we made lists and both refrigerators and freezers are maxed out full.
    Looked at canned goods and we need to make a few changes there. Available space is getting critical.
    We are well stocked on consumables as in paper etc.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    With this last run at locking us down again we made lists and both refrigerators and freezers are maxed out full.
    Looked at canned goods and we need to make a few changes there. Available space is getting critical.

Inventory going on here. We have the annual 1/2 a beef and 1/2 a hog coming in January, so the deep freezer will be getting cleared out to be cleaned/de-iced. Restocking it with other items will be higher on the priority list this coming year. I do plan on grabbing more canned fruit as fresh is preferred in this house.
    Took the ammo cans, bought at the last show, and filled them with cases previously sitting around in their shipping cardboard boxes. Kind of sad, the last case I bought had the recept from February before everything went sideways. Now to buy some more rechargeable desiccants. This will be good because when they arrive, I can throw them in the cans to absorb moisture, knowing I recharge all of them in January. That's a good January job with running the oven and huttled down for winter.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Winter/Holiday baking supplies were purchased probably 6 weeks ago here :rockwoot:

Hopefully grocery panic buying won’t be as bad this time around, it’s not a food shortage it’s a bottlenecked supply chain.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Some Grocers Bring Back Purchase Limits as Covid-19 Cases Rise

Pretty much what the title says. People in general seem to be stocking up due to Covid and general feelings about where things are going right now. Much like earlier this year, it is better to be very early than a little too late.

Top Bottom