• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Went to my storage shed that we pay 93 bucks a month for and realized the only thing I really had in there that I had used in the last year was my Halloween decorations and half them I don't use...so going to have a mega yard sale this weekend or next. Take the money and buy some stuff I want for prepping or buy more ammo. Every week I spend 40-50 bucks on my preps...plus I buy 75-100 bucks of freeze dried food each month and hubby spends about 100 buck a month on ammo. I just don't feel I am ready...I just know if Obama loses we will see civil unrest and I plan on staying in my house until it is over. We don't eat out and found out when we stopped eating out, that we had between 200 and 250 a month extra.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Decided to go camping while doing some out of town work. Sea To Summit's all in one soap is a great addition to the bag. You can use it for dishes, shampoo, body wash and anything else. Biodegradable, food safe, super concentrated and not much odor to it. Saves pack space and works great! Tested some new freeze dried meals to see if I liked them. Tested a compact stove. New configuration for the bag works great, no more digging for things and making a mess. Getting tired of using the old canteen to boil water, tired of spilling and getting burnt. Time to upgrade.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Saturday, went and camped out with my Nephews Boy Scout Troop.
    Sunday, walked through some woods looking for Trespassers and Poachers. First time in 5 years we have not found any...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It keeps the moral up, and lets me practice my saltwater fishing skills.

OK.... jealous but OK.................;)

Put a new AR with 20" bull barrel in the safe today. That completes the list of have to have. Now anything else I get will be off the wish list.
    Ammo is topped off as well.
    Wife re-stocked everything we have used on recent dry runs to cycle out the old supplies and shelf life is at maximum again. Need to get more water.
    Ran the gennys under load and cycled in fresh fuel with stay-bil.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    bought a 2 shotguns(mossberg 500 and a 22/410 combo for my son)...a 22 bolt action, a 17hmr (both savages with accutrigger...2 ar lowers...2 ar upper which have not arrived...some 22 shells...about 50 410 and 12 gauge shells...some 20 guage shells (on accident since i dont own a 20 gauge but traded to my friend for 12 gauge)...2 scopes (weaver 40/44 and Kaspa scope)--1 bolt carrier group and still need another*** need another lower parts kit and a stock...going to buy a little more ammo but now focus is shipping to commodities like food supplies medicine...also a mossberg scope mount..a 9317 scope mount..some 1 inch rings

****UPDATE...i lost all of this in a boating accident...sucks

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    OK.... jealous but OK.................;)

Put a new AR with 20" bull barrel in the safe today. That completes the list of have to have. Now anything else I get will be off the wish list.
    Ammo is topped off as well.
    Wife re-stocked everything we have used on recent dry runs to cycle out the old supplies and shelf life is at maximum again. Need to get more water.
    Ran the gennys under load and cycled in fresh fuel with stay-bil.

I'm in the same boat. All needs filled. It's all extras from here. Ammo is down to 3 rifle calibers and 3 pistol calibers- not counting 22lr.

Did some more food testing. Found that the 2 year shelf life of the Bear Creek variety of soup mix is pretty tasty. It's a great option for short term larder items that we will eat regularly. Looking for breakfast options right now to fill in the holes in the meal plan.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    bought a 2 shotguns(mossberg 500 and a 22/410 combo for my son)...a 22 bolt action, a 17hmr (both savages with accutrigger...2 ar lowers...2 ar upper which have not arrived...some 22 shells...about 50 410 and 12 gauge shells...some 20 guage shells (on accident since i dont own a 20 gauge but traded to my friend for 12 gauge)...2 scopes (weaver 40/44 and Kaspa scope)--1 bolt carrier group and still need another*** need another lower parts kit and a stock...going to buy a little more ammo but now focus is shipping to commodities like food supplies medicine...also a mossberg scope mount..a 9317 scope mount..some 1 inch rings

****UPDATE...i lost all of this in a boating accident...sucks

That's a huge loss for a boating accident.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm in the same boat. All needs filled. It's all extras from here. Ammo is down to 3 rifle calibers and 3 pistol calibers- not counting 22lr.

Did some more food testing. Found that the 2 year shelf life of the Bear Creek variety of soup mix is pretty tasty. It's a great option for short term larder items that we will eat regularly. Looking for breakfast options right now to fill in the holes in the meal plan.

Next on the "Wish" list is the .308 battle rifle we have spoke of........:D

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well, we moved into our new house on some land. After all the hard work and headaches we have a house on a couple fertile acres, next to a water source with "mostly" great neighbors. I've got boxes to unpack, but it's coming together very well.

I've been working myself long hours with less food and water during all of this hoping to jumpstart a regular workout routine. My little girl and I went for a little hike and I carried my full pack father than I have recently. Reminded me to cut the weight and now I'm going to revisit my emergency bag. While on our little walk my backpack got lighter and lighter as things to encourage wildlife to come visit kept falling out. :)

Next on the list is to completely organize and inventory where the preps stand after the house move. We got into a lot of the food just so we wouldn't have to pack and carry it all. Now I need to inventory what's left.

In talking with one of my new neighbors he was admiring the new backstop at the back of the property and he mentioned he has an AR-15. I smiled and said "me too" and we both laughed. I think I finally found a home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom