Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Put in more canned goods and started restocking the bottled water reserves. We cycled through all the reserves to rotate in new.

Put another 12 gauge pump in the safe.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Got a deal on MRE's 40 a case. So I bought quite a few. Got the bags switched over to winter from fall. Bought a couple military sleep systems from Armygear dot net. All the fuel is in the trailer ready to go. Gong to try to stuff the freezer for the winter.

Been doing a ton of camping this fall. Past 2 weekends, upcoming 2 weekends and a couple more in November. T'is the season!

Finally stocked back up from the scare. Got all the powder and primers I could need for about 3 years of intermittent use. Added some calibers to the list I reload on the progressives. Taking a carbine class next week. Took my son hunting for the first time. Switched the camo's over to Atacs and stashed the mossy oak in a Cache. Expanded the Cache to last a week longer.

Not done:
    Switch over battle rifle to 308
    added half the calories I wanted to this quarter
    Didn't expand fuel storage
    Didn't get all the canning I wanted done
    Still can't buy 22lr
    need to rebuild the front end of my truck for the winter
    Switch the GHB to winter gear.

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Expanded fuel storage. Increased gas by 100 gals. And diesel by 70 gals. Sold a salamander that ran on electricity and kero so that I could buy a rocket stove.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    bought the granddaughter a bow and arrows..a cheap one, so she can learn the basics...gotta thank the guy at Cabela's for showing her she can shoot one, as he took a brand new bow out of the wrapper for her with no promise I would buy it. You can still find service from time to time.

Bro5eters

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2013
    new york
    Tripping over things in your house during a winter power outage isn't any fun. Keep the clutter down and
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    you'll be thankful for it later.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Bought a couple more ammo cans, some canned goods, and baby wipes. Just wish I could find the ammo I wanted to fill all the cans I've been getting lately.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maintained combat conditioning. Check.

2 dryfire fire sessions: G19, AK and Shotgun

1 Fight Nite, drills, focus mitts, heavy bag, weapon retention and sparring

1 range session with Sailor. Ran some two man bounding drills, forward and backwards.

Spent a cold rainy day in the woods practicing bushcraft, tracking, aging sign, seeing, feeling, smelling. Built a fire.

Bought a bunch of canned veggies on sale, and some mac n cheese.

Boco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Hi - I'm new here - this will be my very first post. I am learning to can from my garden and just put up 6 pints of salsa. So.. my prep is to learn to garden and to can the stuff.
    And I have a question... I heard a guy mention a trick about making wine from and MRE? Does anyone know how to do that. He said it really quickly and I didn't quite catch it all.... use the package of fruit and a cracker for the yeast.... has anyone heard of this?(making wine from an MRE?) Thanks
    Good thread btw.... I love survival stuff.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Continued running 5k four times per week. Down to a 9min/mile pace. Shedding 20lbs sure feels good and I know I'm better prepped for it.

Continue rolling through stored supplies. Finding a need to develope an inventory monitoring protocol for the basement stores. Shelves are full this time of year after the harvest.
    Also need to replenish/reorganize the first aid kits in the cars and stock cars with winter gear.

h20addict3231

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Purchasing new heavy steel racks and bins to store items more effectly. Gave my son inlaw his first handgun, and been reworking the loads in each family members BOBs for cold weather. Also traded on gun for another QBD and will accuire more ammo. Also topping off the storage pantry areas. Have been I.D.ing' alternate BOB locations.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rotated stores. Using up items near fail date and replenishing supply.

Rotating fuel stores.

Cycled genny's under load.

More ammo/range time training with the family.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom