• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Bought a box of .40S&W Hornady JHP and 25rds of 000 buck 12ga... Also switched from a S&W M&P40 full size to a Glock 27 for summertime carry..

Really going to move my efforts now more towards food preps now that my defense preps are somewhat comfortable.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Planted sorghum...This week...need to get the popcorn in and find a way to water it all...ordered parts for AR project. The boss got new chickens...talked to the Chicago daughter about self reliance....she wants a bomb shelter....I told her I have concrete blocks and a sandhill....

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    has anyone tried indoor gardening?

I start my seeds indoors under grow lights. When they're, and the weather, is optimum, I transplant outside in the garden. I could grow indoors most of the season but it requires 12-14 hours under the lights per day and I don't have the space for full grown plants nor do I want the big electric bill from the lights.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Kicked out the M&P40 from my gear and got the Glock 22 instead, next is the Kel Tec SUB2000 that takes the G22 Mags... Im trying to standardize my gear.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Over the weekend:
    *I trenched in drain tiles to get the water away from the house. If the power goes down it'll be less water for the battery backup sump pump to deal with.
    *Got raised bed gardens in their final position, filled with dirt, and my wife planted the veggies. This year was the tough one because we build the beds, and shoveled all the dirt in. It should be much easier next year with just having to mix it up and plant.
    *Spread a massive amount of mulch around the orchard to help retain water, and keeps roots cooler. Highly recommended by "Dave Wilson Nursery" youtube videos.
    *Sprayed weed killer around the areas where the poison ivy likes to live.
    *Planted 6 Russian Pomegranate trees, and one Gala Apple.

Lots of homestead type of stuff got done and the sooner these projects wind down, the sooner I can get back to reloading and making my first knife.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Worked out like a madman, weights, running, rucking, heavy bag, mountain biking.

3 dryfire sessions: G19, AK, shotgun

1 range session: G19, J frame, .22 bolt gun, slow aimed fire

1 sparring session

Bought some ammo: 30 carbine, clean 303, shotgun shells.

Planted the garden: tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, onions

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Crossfit. Holy hell, what a program. Garden in, fiddled with gear. Almost all my mag pouches are HSGI taco's now. Sold off some motorcycles. Did some primitive and recreational camping. Moving towards the Paleo program. Took on a contract position with a local company that should even out my finances and allow me more purchasing power. Wife's co is offering to move us still. hmmm.

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    been trying to run at least 2 miles a day and get my diet straight, bought some cliff bars (10 for 10 at krogers) to add to the BOB, going to start on making some BOB for my sister mom and girlfriend.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    *Picked up 4 truck loads of free firewood
    *Garden is 90% planted (50' x 50') will finish this week
    *Canned/froze 30lbs bacon we got for a STEAL ($1.99/lbs, ends, pieces and seconds)

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I worked out hard. Kept the weapons platform operational.

I had a fight nite, heavy bag, focus mitts, drills and sparring

Did a nice Fathers Day 6 mile ruck march.

2 dryfire sessions (AK, AR, G19, 870)

One solo range session. Worked on drawstroke to doubletap, rifle come ups and transitions.

Canned a bunch of strawberry jam and a batch of peach serrano jam with my daughter, thus ensuring these skills continue.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Finally got the corn planted...ornamental, popping, a day sweet. Mostly for the chicken, but I will eat some if it looks good. I also planted pinto beans too damn many.
    The bright spot was test firing the 'one piece at a time' AR15 I built from takeoffs and discount parts. It rocked out nicely, and I am quite pleased. Less than $450 invested, not including parts leftover from other upgrade projects.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No garden this year...:(
    Wife is having a terrible time with her shoulder and the garden was her thing. I can get it ready and plant but no time to do the little chores and keep it up.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    Ordered some water storage. I kind of stopped prepping for a while not sure why but trying to start up again. I figured you could never have enough water supply or a way to keep it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ordered some water storage. I kind of stopped prepping for a while not sure why but trying to start up again. I figured you could never have enough water supply or a way to keep it.

Water storage is an issue we are dealing with as well. With the head count we have including children water is important in any SHTF scenario.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    Is space the biggest issue or just getting enough containers. Space kind of limits me on how much I can store. I keep a lot in the garage but it still takes a lot of space.

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    Any restrictions about having a shallow agricultural well in Plainfield/Speedway? We have near to 5 million gallons of water in our shared pond so I tend to focus my efforts more on purification. Speaking of which, got the countertop fake Berkey finished and tested. Hygiene products and ammo stocked. Think I've convinced the "boss" to let me build a large pantry. Garden is doing great. Everything except the corn has exceeded my expectations. Looks like a lot of purchases will have to be put on hold for a while, need to upgrade the exterior of the house.

Edit: The well question was about a well like these http://www.drillyourownwell.com

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    More water. Near out of places to put it. Need to address this issue.

Cycled out a lot of the stored fuel. Filled all 3 rigs from stores. Filled up the jugs, treated and returned them to storage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom