Not open for further replies.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In the past week:

Worked out to maintain and improve functional combat fitness. Weights, running, swimming, rucking, heavy bag

2 sessions of H2H/combatives. Wrist locks, arm bars, ground position, sparring

5 dryfire sessions: G19, AK, AR, 870, Sig 226, Bolt gun.

Started studying for my HAM tech license.

Spent some time in the woods doing bushcraft

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Ordered one of those Yoder roll off buildings. We decided building a new pole barn was too much out of our savings. This 10x16 building will be subdivided into a chicken coop (10×6ish) the rest will house my riding mower and chainsaws and weed Wacker and such. Getting the gasoline powered stuff out of the big barn just sounds like a good idea. Mamma only has 5 chickens, so this won't be full till spring. Maybe someday we'll have a real animal barn.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Ordered one of those Yoder roll off buildings. We decided building a new pole barn was too much out of our savings. This 10x16 building will be subdivided into a chicken coop (10×6ish) the rest will house my riding mower and chainsaws and weed Wacker and such. Getting the gasoline powered stuff out of the big barn just sounds like a good idea. Mamma only has 5 chickens, so this won't be full till spring. Maybe someday we'll have a real animal barn.

Won't the gas fumes be bad for the chickens?

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Bought 5 mil spec gas cans from SOE gear. Need to get them all ready with pure gas and stabilizer this week. Spent a full day doing PT and practical shooting skills at the range.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Rotated out some older powdered milk by using it to make a big batch of instant hot cocoa mix for the winter.

Gathered what I still can from outside, before this cold snap: freezing parsley, sage, mint, thyme, and rosemary.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Moved a couple of cords of firewood into my breezeway. I've got an area 16 X 20 feet between my house and my garage, under roof and weather tight, but not heated. I use a space about 8 feet long and six feet wide, and as tall as I want to stack it. The rest of my wood is out back, under clear plastic tarps.

I started covering my outside wood stack with clear plastic this summer to speed drying and it appears to have worked. The plastic is loose around the bottom edge and the ends of the stack, and I poked a few holes in the top to let the warm moist air escape. When I first put it on, the plastic would be covered with moisture on the inside of the plastic, with the moisture running off the bottom, and on a warm day, I could feel the hot moist air escaping out the top vent holes. Now, even on a warm sunny day, there isn't any moisture build-up on the plastic. Guess I'll find out when I start burning wood from that stack, sometime in January.

Also, gonna dig my parsnips today before it gets too cold and the ground freezes.

SpecWar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Just got in some MH that was on sale, some apple cinnamon MayDay mini meal bars and some pilot bread crackers. Have an order coming in next week from Maxpedition, some pouches to update my active shooter bag. Got a Gerber BMF knife off another forum, large blade, no sawteeth on the back. Real heavy duty knife. Picking up ammo and other items when they become available.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We did this a week or so ago at Sams. They had cases (12 cans per) on sale. We smashed them.
    Kroger, Sams and Meijer have all had some great deals recently, so great, that I'm gonna spend the day tomorrow building shelves along a 12 foot wall in the cellar to store everything. I have two fairly large storage areas upstairs, but literally cannot jam another canned good into either of them.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Bought more K1 kerosene, fired up the kerosene heater for testing, bought 50 rounds of 357 magnum rounds and a box of 5 00 Buck shot 12 gauge rounds, put $500 toward the principle of my mortgage, put the cold weather emergency box back in my Ford Explorer.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Stocked up food room,stashed 15 gal of gas and three propane tanks just in case. Tuned up vehicles and put winter gear in them. Have to test gen set yet. Ready for ice fishing! Stashing ammo.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Ordered everything to tie my generator into my house and run a 50 foot cable out through the garage to wherever the generator is sheltered best! All this wind, I hope I don't need it all the day before I get it!

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    The Yoder Building arrived, took 3 days to deliver, but I blame the weather. The young man who brought it spent a long time leveling it, to his credit. I think it is plenty big for a few chickens, but now I'm debating if it's worth feeding 6 chickens all winter when they're not laying eggs. I guess it's up to the boss. They're her chickens.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    The Yoder Building arrived, took 3 days to deliver, but I blame the weather. The young man who brought it spent a long time leveling it, to his credit. I think it is plenty big for a few chickens, but now I'm debating if it's worth feeding 6 chickens all winter when they're not laying eggs. I guess it's up to the boss. They're her chickens.
    Suppliment with light, they should keep laying.

mattyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Purchased a new Molle frame & pack that I found on sale....a guy can't have too many packs now can he? LOL!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Got my second to last harvest from the garden; parsnips, and a really good bunch this year. Nice big ones, like 15 inches long. The last harvest will be dried beans when I get a chance. Also got next year's garlic planted and mulched with leaves. Sorting through my saved seed for this year. Really need to get better about saving seeds, 'cause you never know.

Cut more wood, another big ash tree. Think I'm working on my 2016 heat by now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom