• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    That's actually a pretty good idea! Those cardboard hanger tubes are pretty sturdy for what they are. Definitely doing this. I have a million dry cleaner hangers layin around here I could put to good use.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What do you do with "wads" of gorilla tape? if you are rerolling it into smaller bits does it not just stick together?

Yeah, I re-roll from the big roll into a smaller, flattened roll that easily fits in a pocket. The inside couple of inches stick to each other since they are sticy-to-sticky side, but most is sticky side to back side, which works just like the original roll. If I'm not describing it clearly, I can show you! Or make one for you.

I tried that once. Couldn't get the damn wad unwadded. Now I make mini rolls around a cut down, skinny paper roll found on the bottom of a dry cleaner pants hanger.

Mine are mini rolls, but sort of flattened since I don't use a core. I take an inch or two from the end of the roll and make a little flat tab, then I use that to wind successive layers from the big roll over the outside. It's just like what you do, but it's 100% tape and flattened a bit.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just keep a full roll of gorilla tape,can you ever have to much?

Gets a bit heavy when backpacking. I keep some in my car emergency kit as well as in the first aid kit. The stuff is like gold when out with the scouts. Torn clothes, blown out shoes, broken tent poles, this stuff can fix quite a bit.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Recently bought a maverick 88 shotgun with about 200 rounds of ammo and more ammo for the glock 23 and good ol ar15. Will be focusing more on food and other stuff on the next purchase.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's funny about all this talk of the gorilla tape. When I took the pathfinder basic course they had us bring two rolls with our kit for the class. We had to take our complete kit with us everywhere we go. By the end of the weekend one of my happiest moments was when we were done with those and I dumped them from my pack. Besides a small amount of gorilla tape, there's no way I'd ever take that much with me. There's plenty of duct tape at the house if needed.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I will say not all tapes are created equal when temps go way under zero, like -20 to -40. In that situation IMHO Gorrilla tape is better than ordinary duct tape. You will need to warm the duct tape just to make it stick.

As for small amounts of tape, why do people not wrap these lengths around a square of cardboard, a pencil or other useful item? You kids, you crack me up, but I blame your Fathers. Meister gets it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom