• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve.43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Wabash, IN
    Someone called in to the Glenn Beck Show today and said that the ammo manufacturers have been ordered to make ammo only for military and police and none for private use. Glenn Beck replied with something like, "See, I told you a year ago something like this would happen."

Now I'm a neophyte at this gun business, but that sounds a bit strange to me. Can someone set me straight?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Someone called in to the Glenn Beck Show today and said that the ammo manufacturers have been ordered to make ammo only for military and police and none for private use. Glenn Beck replied with something like, "See, I told you a year ago something like this would happen."

Now I'm a neophyte at this gun business, but that sounds a bit strange to me. Can someone set me straight?

No one can "order" a private company to do anything. Guess we'll have to see if they push some regulation down.

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    i hate walmart and no longer shop there...
    was told i couldn't buy .45acp for a rifle because rifles are so rarely calibered in .45acp that he cant sell it to me at 18

i just goto dicks in the mall since i work there and they honestly usually have equal or better deals than walmart. and they only sell rifles so all they do is check if im 18 no questions about what the ammo is for. oh yeah and they always have boxes and even usually cases of everything. there hasn't been a time ive been there that they haven't had at least 9 or 10 boxes of Remington white box 9mm and .45acp and some bulk american something or another just on display as im assuming they have more in the back since the guy always offers me to buy bulk to save a dollar a box.

-zack-

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Oh, that's so cute that you think that's true!

No, you're right that they can't ORDER them to, but they can certainly put pressure on them to comply with their perfectly reasonable request to install a secret NSA wiretapping room in their datacenter.

not quite the same thing Scutter... ;)

Listening in on cells located in the USA phoning home isn't quite the same as having ammo companies only make ammo for LE and Military.

Sadly, I have friends who work in that arena telling me this country will be shocked at some of the information gathered when or if it ever becomes public. I'm guessing that's why Obama hasn't repealed all of this stuff he was against in his campaign.

Must have changed his mind once he started getting the briefing books.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    That reminds me of my visit the other day to Walmart to buy 20 gauge slugs. The he/she at the back(Im not sure which sex it was) told me she couldn’t ring me up in sporting goods because the register is broke? This is walmart on county line in Greenwood. So she says we can take you at register 17 if your done shopping and I said that’s fine thinking she would open a new register temporarily at the front. We walk all the way to the front of the store and she takes me to the longest line at the front of the store and puts the ammo at the register. I was so pissed it took me 10 minutes to get through the line=Walmart sucks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Southport
    I am in and out of Walmart alot, and i get very cynical when i see the vast array of Chinese crap on their shelves.
    I am kidding about the ammo being Chinese. I am surprised they still ammo. i started collecting reloading components last year when it was apparent nutjob was going to be elected. Hopefully we can weather the storm til he's gone

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Yes but one wouldn't be a gun grabbing SOB....
    From 2001 to early 2008 he said he wanted a new AW ban. He changed his tune in 2008 when he started running for prez. Go back and look at the threads here linking to all the youtube clips.

It doesn't matter, the past is the past, just don't lie to yourself it "would have been better".

Look to the future, stop living in the past. Lets actually find a progun candidate for 2012.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I'll be looking for the pro-CONSTITUTION candidate

Ron Paul :)

Oh shoot, offtopic..

ON TOPIC, I'm in Cincinnati this weekend, called up all the walmarts in the area, NO ONE HAS ANYTHING. Meyer has some .40 and .357 for $20 box.

We talked to a guy at Dicks in Kentucky who said he got 20,000 rounds of 9mm in and at 2PM when we got there it was almost all gone. I'm going to another Dicks in a few minutes or tomorrow and picking up some .40 they had on sale for $18

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    No one can "order" a private company to do anything. Guess we'll have to see if they push some regulation down.

Oh no? How about if the US Government owned bank says, "If you don't stamp those [insert ammo component] with a serial number, your commercial credit interest rape (er uh, rate!) is going to be much more!"

Of course, you're right, they would never do that. Not this administration, no, no!

:rolleyes:

nwindiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Michigan City
    I was at Walmart last week and picked up some 22lr Federal Bulk 525 ct. No handgun ammo at all. They had a limit of three boxes salesperson said everyone is hoarding and they limit sales. I also heard about ammo accountablity (serial #'s) It won't come to pass anytime soon. One of the provisions of the bill was to stop selling primers powder and bullets so you can't reload anymore and this is the funny part you had to turn in all your unnumbered ammo by 2011. Are you kidding me!

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

You mean like a sitting President, or his representatives, can't order the CEO of a private company to step down?

Oh, and with the first bailout, Wells Fargo said "no, we're good" but the government insisted that they take the "bailout" whether they wanted it or not.

Top Bottom