• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd Levesque

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Indy, North
    There was a bill in Indiana that required that All ammo sold after June 30, 2009 would have to be serial numbered and all non serial numbered would have to be disposed of by I think July 1 2010 or 2011. Also it asked for a tax on the ammo to enforce this. Thankfully this did NOT PASS. I would assume that they will try this again. This bill was introduced in multiple states, however I don't know of any where it came close to passing. The cost alone would cause the price off ammo to sky rocket. Also the question becomes do you serialize the bullet or the case. If someone picks up their brass the number is useless. If you go to a range and pick up the brass and reload then what. But if you mark the projectile where do you mark it. If you mark the copper jacket it is going to be damaged by the bbl and maybe the impact. If you mark the base it might survive the impact but how do the police or anyone else check the serial number prior to the bullet being shot. If you mark both what happens for reloads? The law makes no sense and is a knee jerk reaction to law makers trying to track ammo used in violent crimes. Oh and did I mention that criminals very rarely buy the serial numbered item over the counter and show their ID. They will simply buy the ammo in a state that does not require the info. Or buy the ammo in Mexico or Canada. But, these are the officials we elected I don't think Jon Elrod would have supported this but we did not re-elected him did we?
    It's easier to disarm and inconvenience the law abiding than the criminal. I say it's lazy law makers, and the ignorant(one in the same), that cause the problems.

Todd Levesque

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Indy, North
    This is how Obama's gonna put everyone to work. Issue all out of work citizens a hammer and set of tiny number stamps and send them to Wal-Mart warehouses. Once the job is done, they'll just roll out the razor wire and inter them.

tinfoilhat.gif
    Thats funny. I belly laughed on that one. Truth in humor, you know.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    That reminds me of my visit the other day to Walmart to buy 20 gauge slugs. The he/she at the back(Im not sure which sex it was) told me she couldn’t ring me up in sporting goods because the register is broke? This is walmart on county line in Greenwood. So she says we can take you at register 17 if your done shopping and I said that’s fine thinking she would open a new register temporarily at the front. We walk all the way to the front of the store and she takes me to the longest line at the front of the store and puts the ammo at the register. I was so pissed it took me 10 minutes to get through the line=Walmart sucks.
    This has happened to me there twice. The first time went the same way it went with you. The second time they just handed over the ammo and I continued shopping and paid for it when i checked out.

Todd Levesque

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Indy, North
    This has happened to me there twice. The first time went the same way it went with you. The second time they just handed over the ammo and I continued shopping and paid for it when i checked out.
    I too have had issues at Walmart around Indy. A few times, it took 20 minutes or more to get anyone to even open the "LOCKED GLASS CASE" to get anything out. Other times, no one shows up at all. Even after two or three requests. I called and complained, but I believe they are not very 2nd Amendment friendly. The Walmart on 96th St. doe not even carry ammo anymore. Maybe shotgun shells? And a very small area of shooting gear. I'm not one to spread rumors, but(yes I am), I think they are going to great lengths to either keep it out of certain areas, or they taking suggestions from HLS.

Last edited:

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    Buddy at work today told me lastnite at Walmart you could only buy 2 boxes of ammo per caliber. Maybe this will help fellow shooters being able to find ammo!

Top Bottom