• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I posed a similar question to the NRA once, they refused to answer, I asked in writing and by telephone, they would not discuss the subject. My question was more along the lines of the number of jobs that would be lost by a total gun ban. I don’t know if anyone has ever given it much thought, but there would be countless jobs lost, gun retailers, wholesalers, manufactures, same with ammo and accessories. The revenue lost would be in the billions. We could hide our guns, but if they were ever to be used, we would be prosecuted for illegal possession of a firearm, you couldn’t even defend yourself against the criminal element without being a criminal yourself. Unfortunately, I think it would be the beginning of the next civil war.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I posed a similar question to the NRA once, they refused to answer, I asked in writing and by telephone, they would not discuss the subject. My question was more along the lines of the number of jobs that would be lost by a total gun ban. I don’t know if anyone has ever given it much thought, but there would be countless jobs lost, gun retailers, wholesalers, manufactures, same with ammo and accessories. The revenue lost would be in the billions. We could hide our guns, but if they were ever to be used, we would be prosecuted for illegal possession of a firearm, you couldn’t even defend yourself against the criminal element without being a criminal yourself. Unfortunately, I think it would be the beginning of the next civil war.
    they could employ those people as "Specialized Firearm Relocation Technicians"

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Shopping List:
    48" Lengths of 8" diameter PVC pipe
    2 Solid caps per length of 8" diameter pipe.
    5 Cans of PVC cement
    Case of motorcycle chain lube.
    Shovel
    Grass seed

Looks like a good recipe for cowardice salad.

If it's time to bury them, it's time to use them.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Hoosier, where have you lived where you were subject to a gun ban?

What did you do when living in a jurisdiction with a gun ban? Did you start a revolution or did you hide?

I've never lived anywhere that a gun that I owned was banned, and the government was confiscating them. Even if I did, what is the point of burying them? Disarmed is disarmed, whether you bury them or give them over to a government.

The second amendment exists to protect all of the others. If the response of the citizens of this nation to the ban and confiscation of their arms is to bury them or "lose" them in a "boating accident," then we are screwed. Although they are certainly fun to shoot, I don't keep a couple of assault style rifles around solely for entertainment purposes.

This nation came into existence for a lot of reasons, but the match that lit the fuse was the attempted confiscation of the peoples' arms by a tyrannical British government. God forbid we don't have men of that fortitude today, should the same thing be attempted.

Jeff Cooper said it best...."An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Shopping List:
    48" Lengths of 8" diameter PVC pipe
    2 Solid caps per length of 8" diameter pipe.
    5 Cans of PVC cement
    Case of motorcycle chain lube.
    Shovel
    Grass seed

Doesn't work so well here, the pvc will break due to the freezes.......

Id tell them they were stashed in the basement with the bodies......then laugh if they dared check only to find nothing

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    My family hid their guns when the Nazis came, dug them up when needed, dug them up for good when the Nazis were defeated.

I try not to pay a lot of attention to all of the testosterone posturing when it comes to these threads. The truth is, without knowing all of the circumstances, you cannot answer the question intelligently. I do not worry if I might break the law if a gun ban came into existence, since it would be an unconstitutional law. The rest is tactics.

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    The problem is, our current president doesn't much care for our Constitution... or our Pledge of Allegiance... or our National Anthem... or our national holidays... or etc.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    They wont ban guns at first, they might ban the manufacture of ammo and shut down ammunition plants. They are smarter than you think. They know they could never force firearms from americans. But if you cant get ammo they will eventually weed them out. They can make mit illegal to discharge and arrest you individually if caught shooting.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    They wont ban guns at first, they might ban the manufacture of ammo and shut down ammunition plants. They are smarter than you think. They know they could never force firearms from americans. But if you cant get ammo they will eventually weed them out. They can make mit illegal to discharge and arrest you individually if caught shooting.

Then SCUTTER01 has all my ammo:D

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Don't worry, there will be no shortage of .gov agents confiscating them for you because "it's just their job."

They won't go "actively looking for weapons, but if I see one on your car seat, you're going to jail."

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Don't worry, there will be no shortage of .gov agents confiscating them for you because "it's just their job."

They won't go "actively looking for weapons, but if I see one on your car seat, you're going to jail."
    Well then, sound like we should all infiltrate the ABC agencies and stock pile the weapons they would send us out to confiscate, and when the time comes we can use them against....................................well, you get the picture :shady:

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    I have often thought of this situation. I think it is quite plausible that they will use or create a situation to use as an excuse to attempt to disarm us. If that is their game, and you play by their rules, you have already lost...
    And remember----Your enemy is not necessarily those sent against you, but is surely those who sent them...John

ryan3326

Marksman
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Indiana
    blame the fact that all of your assualt rifles are gone on Obama's economy (you needed the money) and the fact that you have zero paperwork on the sales of them on those "crazy person" filled gun shows.

Top Bottom