• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I've been considering a Luminox for its ruggedness, gas illuminated markers and water resistance to 200 meters. But the downside is that it takes a battery. I have a Citizen Eco-Drive that is water resistant to 200 meters, made out of titanium and has a unidirectional bezel. It's been a great watch for the past five years but I just would like something different, especially when I'm backpacking. I also like the Citizen Pro Diver with rubber strap 300 meter water resistance.

Any thoughts?

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Get a G Shock....almost any department store sells them like Kohl's etc...virtually indistructible and less than $150....there are littrally hundreds of models to choose from....

I collect all forms of watches....absolutley the best bang for your buck:):

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    Get a G Shock....almost any department store sells them like Kohl's etc...virtually indistructible and less than $150....there are littrally hundreds of models to choose from....

+1 for G shock. Great watches and not that bad on the wallet

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The Citizen Eco-Drive has me for life. They are GREAT watches. Plus, there are enough of them that you can get them for any occasion from formal to rugged. If you look on Overstock.com you can usually get them a lot cheaper than stores too.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    for 300 bucks you could go out and buy 30 walmart watches, that would last quite awhile. actually i lose my watch 3-4 times a year so i do have a drawer in my house with a few cheapo watches.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany

I have a G-Shock given to me by my wife in 1989, one battery and 22 years later it is still going strong.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I vote for the citizen Eco drive line. I have two of them, and one of them I've had for ten + years and still going strong. If it's not broken, don't fix it. I would just find another Eco-drive that suits your new taste.

Here is my next one:
    photo-108.jpg

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I really like the Luminox Blackouts but I'd need to go try one on before even thinking about buying. I've got pretty big wrists (and hands) so leather/rubber bands are usually too short and link bands usually need a link or 2 added.

Top Bottom