Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Why, are you losing weight? I thought when you planted a foot, it stayed planted.

I am down a little bit. A svelt 291. Sometimes it would help with getting out of position and stopping more aggressively.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    I'm a one powder kinda guy.

Two, actually, one for .38, .357, .40 and .45.

And one for .223.

And only one primer.

I like simplicity.

I THINK IT WOULD WORK FOR THOSE CALIBRES. 3 POWDERS ARE NOT VERY MANY!! CHEEZ...YOU GOT A NEW GUN!!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    So to try and steer this back on track, there has been one USPSA match at Silver Creek so far.
    South Central is going to open the season there March 4th

What have you done
    What are doing
    What are your expectations and goals for this year?

Me, I have been doing a little informal dry fire with th single stack and practicing reloads
    With Bill coming over and setting up the 650 for me I am close to starting reloading for this year
    I have ordered bullets, powder and primers
    and now that I am pretty much out of the boot and the foot holding up so far I am going to work on loosing pounds that I have put on.
    Sitting right now at my heaviest so far which is 26 pounds at my lowest last year, which was still way too fat.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So to try and stir this back on track, there has been one USPSA match at Silver Creek so far.

What have you done
    What are doing

Me, I have been doing a little informal dry fire with th single stack and practicing reloads
    With Bill coming over and setting up the 650 for me I am close to starting reloading for this year
    and now that I am pretty much out of the boot and the foot holding up so far I am going to work on loosing pounds that I have put on.
    Sitting right now at my heaviest so far which is 26 pounds at my lowest last year, which was still way too fat.

On track or on the track are two things you know little about.

I was wearing a XXL shirt last night.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I have been dry firing , not as much as planned but way more than last year. I have put about 1000 rounds through the new 5.25. I am still trying to figure out this tumbling thing with 147's. I am going to have to order components soon so I need to decide if I'm going to stay with them or try something different.I shot the steel match at Atlanta last weekend and I'm told I came in second in production. I didn't feel that I shot a good match,I had too many make-up shots. I'm working on the weight and fitness. I'm hitting the gym 6 days a week and watching the diet . I'm down about 15 lbs. but I'm still north of 300. Can you say fat bastard.I am going to begin practicing movement as the weather breaks because I lose a lot time on field courses due to not moving efficiently through the course of fire. I'm going to shoot as many ACT leagues as I can and focus on this.I'm going to figure out how to use my video camera and use it to find areas where I can save time on stages. I an unclassified in production so I'll have to get some matches in early to rectify that.The ultimate goal is to have more fun than I did last year and that is going to be tough.

direland

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Martinsville, IN
    So to try and steer this back on track, there has been one USPSA match at Silver Creek so far.

What have you done
    What are doing

I have been dry firing at least twice a week (draws are getting better)
    All my ammo for Open is loaded for the year, need to load for Limited.
    Shot at Pine Tree (won a pistol), shot limited at Silver Creek (did not get LOST) shot steel at ACC, shot too many follow up shots.
    I want to make B in Open this season, a long way to go!
    Like the company of shooters I associate with, Chaney is questionable!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    What have you done

Dry fire, though not as much as I should. Still, I'm seeing improvements. At the steel match this past weekend, I was told my draw was very fast by a very good shooter. Last season, no one would have ever accused me of a fast draw. So its apparently working

I switched to a plain black front sight to force myself to consciously look for it. Results are mixed. Won PROD at the steel match this past weekend, but too many make-up shots because I lack the "visual patience" to actually see the plain black sight on significant number of shots
    However, on the standard SCSA stages, my times were 3-4 seconds quicker than they were at the state SCSA match in Oct, shot with FO. Could be the sight, could be the faster draw, I dunno. Either way, it's improvement and I'll take it.

What are doing
    more dry fire, expanding from basics (draw, static reload) to include more movement. I'd focused almost exclusively on basics as a "crawl before you walk" approach.

I will be doing the ACC leagues to work on better movement and stage breakdown stategies.

I'll be continuing the plain black experiment for another match or 2.

I'm thinking I might impose a "no make-up shot on paper. EVER" rule on myself to break some bad habits.

Once the weather breaks, more live fire, and more PT to get my chunky butt in a shape other than round.

Get better. Win some matches. Have fun.

3rd one is a bit of a gimme, but gotta have attainable goals, right?

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    What have you done

Dry fire, though not as much as I should. Still, I'm seeing improvements. At the steel match this past weekend, I was told my draw was very fast by a very good shooter. Last season, no one would have ever accused me of a fast draw. So its apparently working

I switched to a plain black front sight to force myself to consciously look for it. Results are mixed. Won PROD at the steel match this past weekend, but too many make-up shots because I lack the "visual patience" to actually see the plain black sight on significant number of shots
    However, on the standard SCSA stages, my times were 3-4 seconds quicker than they were at the state SCSA match in Oct, shot with FO. Could be the sight, could be the faster draw, I dunno. Either way, it's improvement and I'll take it.

What are doing
    more dry fire, expanding from basics (draw, static reload) to include more movement. I'd focused almost exclusively on basics as a "crawl before you walk" approach.

I will be doing the ACC leagues to work on better movement and stage breakdown stategies.

I'll be continuing the plain black experiment for another match or 2.

I'm thinking I might impose a "no make-up shot on paper. EVER" rule on myself to break some bad habits.

Once the weather breaks, more live fire, and more PT to get my chunky butt in a shape other than round.

Get better. Win some matches. Have fun.

3rd one is a bit of a gimme, but gotta have attainable goals, right?

Here is justification for the round figure. This is using new math
    1. A circle is a perfect shape

2. The term round is used to describe a circle

3. I am round

4. Therefore, being round, makes me in perfect shape.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

I would suggest to not go that route.

I would say "I am going to watch my sights on every shot I make"

If you are doing that there are going to times that you will know that you have pulled off, fired too soon, mashed the trigger and pushed a shot into hardcover or a crappy delta.

As you increase your visual awareness and are seeing what you need to see there will be times when your brain/subconscious will know when to fire a make up shot because it didn't feel right/look right when you did it.
    Just let that happen.

Cutting out the 3 shots on half of the tragets just because you can't stop yourself from pulling the trigger, that is something that no one should be doing

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Now the question is, was it comfortable? I can squeeze into a 2 XL but it reminds me of Chris Farley's. "fat guy in a little coat" routine
    It was comfortable and is nearly ten years old and hardly been worn because it was uncomfortable. I am thinking about trying to get down to 275 but that will likely mean new pants.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I would suggest to not go that route.

I would say "I am going to watch my sights on every shot I make"

If you are doing that there are going to times that you will know that you have pulled off, fired too soon, mashed the trigger and pushed a shot into hardcover or a crappy delta.

As you increase your visual awareness and are seeing what you need to see there will be times when your brain/subconscious will know when to fire a make up shot because it didn't feel right/look right when you did it.
    Just let that happen.

Cutting out the 3 shots on half of the tragets just because you can't stop yourself from pulling the trigger, that is something that no one should be doing

its not "just" because I can't stop yanking the trigger, its because I suck at calling shots and my brain/subconscious tells me (wrongly, many times) "that wasn't an alpha, shoot it again!" Stupid brain. :):

But overall point well taken. I have tried he "watch the sights every shot" thing, and found it much easier said than done. Definitely something I need to work on.

If at first you don't succeed, buy an open gun! :laugh:

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Past two weeks have done nothing due to issues in my personal life.. Prior to that was practicing and/live fire at least every other day. My results at FNS have improved dramatically, but haven't had time lately to get to practice my USPSA stuff

I also lost 30 pounds, so that's good I suppose.. :dunno:

Top Bottom