• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

As you increase your visual awareness and are seeing what you need to see there will be times when your brain/subconscious will know when to fire a make up shot because it didn't feel right/look right when you did it.
    Just let that happen.

Focus Focus Focus

I occasionally will make an Alpha up with an Alpha. It doesn't feel right or I wasn't sure of what I just saw. I have to break myself of looking at targets before leaving a position then making them up.

My first match at silver creek was a little irritating becaus my lack of practice. One thing is for sure, I was shooting a lot of alphas that could be covered with one paster. Obviously seeing the sights but moving at a turtle pace. I did have 3 mikes, swinger, classifier, and no shoot. I made up the no shoot in the wrong target. I called it, kept shooting and went back to the wrong target (mental lapse)

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Past two weeks have done nothing due to issues in my personal life.. Prior to that was practicing and/live fire at least every other day. My results at FNS have improved dramatically, but haven't had time lately to get to practice my USPSA stuff

I also lost 30 pounds, so that's good I suppose.. :dunno:

Everything cool?
    30 pounds.....yeah me, not so much

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    Well with me being back on 8hr days I have practiced here at home so far, just haven't been able to get out and actually see results yet. I did put new optic rods on front sights, think I am suppose to use these things....LOL

I plan on getting a higher card than last year!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I was not really considering cleats for club matches with the exception of Warsaw. But SS nats and Area 5 and maybe Ohio and Indiana State matches.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    What's going to be different?
    I'm getting physical therapy twice a week on my elbow. I don't know if it's going to help but it has the side benefit of making it so damn sore I hesitate to do much dryfiring. I should have got it fixed last fall but I thought maybe laying off for a couple months would allow it to heal. Not.
    On top of that, I did something to my knee which has got me hobbling around for the last 3 weeks.
    So, I'm going to be old and infirm again.:D

But I gotta shiny new gun to play with.

So, I'll grit my teeth and get after it.:ar15:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I was not really considering cleats for club matches with the exception of Warsaw. But SS nats and Area 5 and maybe Ohio and Indiana State matches.

It depends on which Warsaw bay you are talking about :laugh:

I am thinking for FW, I am going to pay someone to follow behind me carrying a sun shade of sorts...

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I am thinking for FW, I am going to pay someone to follow behind me carrying a sun shade of sorts...

sturdy lawn cart + cheap beach umbrella is a good substitute for hired help (unless your hired help is a local 'dancer' looking for additional work to help pay her way through college... then the cart and umbrella must be very sturdy if the help is going to be swinging on it...).

As for cleats, I've found they still help w/ some traction even on the gravel/rocks. rubber cleats are a must, metal becomes VERY slippery on concrete or wood props or other range facilites.

-rvb

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The cleats things seems silly to me. A 300 pounder wearing cleats should be playing offensive/defensive line. Just about any other use is a joke.

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    "What's going to be different?" Coach you'll be proud to hear I now have two Amish guns:draw:instead of one, just in case one would break:D

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    big or little, traction is traction. sand, dew on grass, dirt, mud, whatever.
    So big trucks shouldn't use snow chains?

-rvb
    Lots of fat middle aged or older men put on cleats and call what they are doing sport. I don't really care what people think of me but I am just not really sure I am ready to make that change.

Top Bottom