• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm too stupid to remember what gun I happen to have on me the day that the SHTF. Do I flip off a safety or not? Are my sights 3-dots or triangles? My gun just jammed, do I drop a mag or swing out a cylinder? Do I need to reload after those 5 shots or can I keep going?
    Just refill it with tap water and keep shooting!!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just refill it with tap water and keep shooting!!

Pshhhh..... water is for amateurs!

1zvvqdc.jpg

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Excellent choices, you don't discriminate about your type or brand.

Thanks! I like the idea of having options and it also allows me to train with several different CC firearms. But I do need to practice more combat reloading with the 686.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    HK USP Compact 9mm

AND/OR

Ruger LCP 380

It all depends on my needed level of concealment on that particular day.

While I have other handguns, I concur with the other posters who stated that when SHTF, they would rather have muscle memory take over when it comes to the operation of said handgun(s).

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'm too stupid to remember what gun I happen to have on me the day that the SHTF. Do I flip off a safety or not? Are my sights 3-dots or triangles? My gun just jammed, do I drop a mag or swing out a cylinder? Do I need to reload after those 5 shots or can I keep going?

I personally prefer the simplicity of a single gun.
    Pshhhh..... water is for amateurs!

1zvvqdc.jpg

Evan, you'll still run into the same issues. I have several from that manufacturer, some are cylinders, some are mags, one is even belt fed :wow:. I guess I'll stick with 1 platform, too.

G23 for me.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    M&P340 all the time unless showering or sleeping. 686 is sometimes added to it.

Either a S&W 642 or a S&W M&P9c

No need to unnecessarily complicate things with too many firearms; each with a different manual of arms.

-J-

Exactly- like carrying a semi and a revolver:laugh::laugh: I keed, I keed!

Thanks! I like the idea of having options and it also allows me to train with several different CC firearms. But I do need to practice more combat reloading with the 686.

I'm considering having my 686+ cut to accept moon clips, should speed up the reload time, but I'll keep practicing in the meantime

The hardest thing about the 686+ is that no one but HKS is making speedloaders for it. It would really be great is Safariland put out a comp II or III for the +. And, not to discourage from moonclipping it, but every single guy I've talked to that went that way wasn't happy with it. The 357 is just too long and skinny and 38 not much better. Clips are also too thin and easily bent, which will mess you up in a hurry. :twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Exactly- like carrying a semi and a revolver:laugh::laugh: I keed, I keed!

Figured someone would be along to bust my chops for that... :D

Yes, I carry two different firearms depending on what we'll be doing / where I'm going.

I do carry the 642 the vast majority of the time, however.

And the two firearms that I do carry are dissimilar enough that forgetting which I have in my hand, should I need it, is probably next to impossible.

I also have a full-sized M&P + holster that I could carry should I ever desire to as well... And it's set up the exact same way the compact is: No manual safety (not after I removed it from the compact...) and no mag safety. The compact does have the Apex sear installed, however.

A simple two-gun rotation is as complex as I'd ever take it. (of course, I say that now...*sigh*. Not like I go back & forth between a M&P and a 1911. Or an M&P and a HK-P7 variant. Similar in that they're pistols...but totally dissimilar manual-of-arms.

K.I.S.S. is my motto. :D

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    One gun sounds great, but how do you choose? Do you leave your other guns neglected in your safe? I know that most of my other handguns remain unloved in my safe except my EDC's.

picture.php

From 3 o'clock clockwise.

.45 acp - 1911 Colt Custom Combat Commander with Crimson Trace laser grips and tritium night sights. This is by far, the edc I shoot the best. I have had it for nearly 20 years.

.357 sig - Glock 33 with Truglo tritium sights. This is a hand cannon. It is too big to pocket carry so I would just as soon carry my 1911. I do however drop it in my pocket sometimes.

.40 s&w - Kahr PM40 with nite sights. It is silky smooth. That is a little rubber sleeve around the grip. It came with the gun and doesn't get in the way so I keep it.

9mm - Diamondback DB9. I carry this gun all the time now. It fits in my front pocket. Just drop it into a pocket holster and drop the holster into my pocket. How can you say no to that. The main consideration for carrying this gun is that it is .80" wide at its widest point. I believe the Kahr is .93 wide at the slide but the slide release is even wider than that.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    For me its between G17, G27, S&W .38... If I am wanting something else I will bring out my American Classic 1911. The last 2 see little carry time.

Top Bottom