• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yup, and I'll be he cried about all of the people making fun of him all the way to the bank with his earnings from his article going viral. I specifically avoided watching his video or reading his article for that reason.

Yeah that's not really how media works. This dude didn't get rich from a single NY Daily News article, no matter how "viral" it was.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Since I saw this the first time around, I've been wondering which would be funnier: Seeing him limp-wrist the bolt on a Mosin Nagant and struggle to get a round chambered, or watching what the recoil would do to his delicate sensibilities...Let alone the noise!! Either way, I'd love to see a video of THAT. As-is I laugh a little every time I think of it.
    Probably find him cowering behind some old dusty boxes in the corner of his mommy's basement for weeks afterwards!!! :laugh:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah, as I said earlier, it would have been nice had the range let him see what people used to shoot before modern sporting rifles.

Here you go wuss, this is the kind of rifle people should use. Don't worry about the recoil, it is the same caliber as a colt pistol. It is a Henry Golden Boy in 45-70. Notice it is made of wood and shiny brass.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    It made his va-jay-jay clench....

Hey now, don't besmirch a good thing by associating him.

I'm not a huge fan of rifles in indoor ranges (though I'd hardly call even my first time with a 308 traumatic) but when my wife got the AR out at the outdoor range she was like "why'd it stop?... oh the mags empty"

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Old thread....

I have had a few experiences like this, friends from New York City, a friend & his son from California, a cousin's father in law from Hong Kong...

The old man from Hong Kong was the most fun, he has a GREAT time when he visits.
    Wants to do the SASS/'Cowboy' thing when he's here so we do (my wife likes it too).
    Costumes, black powder rounds, more fun get-together than shooting, so he gets to live out his 'Jong Wing' (John Wayne) fantasy.
    Considering he fought Japanese, Communists, Organized Crime he gets a pass, and the ear to ear smile while he's got an empty 6 shooter in his holster is worth the time & effort.

We did start him in safety classes, on a BB gun, then .22LR, then .38, small framed and very old, doesn't like the recoil of a .45
    Does a little shooting, but mostly wants the boots, hat and holster! ;)
    His proudest possession (next to his grandkids) is a brass frame Henry rifle (which has to stay in the US),
    *IF* he ever retires (they don't seem to understand that concept) it will be in the US next to his grandkids & Henry! :)

The business folks from CA & NYC wanted to start with an AR, and they pretty much had the same reaction.
    Too loud, too much, too soon...

One retired first in Indiana then Iowa, and has become accustomed to wide open space, corn fields and firearms,
    The other figured out how to shoot, but I think the wide open spaces freaked them out...
    They moved to Maryland where they could be closer to NYC/relatives, but not actually in NYC anymore.
    It's apparently a lot more appealing when it's a couple hours away...

I shoot suppressors a lot, farm kid, 16 years military, I'm *TRYING* to save what little hearing I have left...
    I've lost enough 'Original Equipment' down through the years, the losses have to stop somewhere or there won't be anything left! ;)

Last edited:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Wimp’s you guys need to fire a DShk !

Muzzle break sends the blast into your face great Russian engineering.

THAT IS TRUTH!

Back in the 80's some of the Mujahideen fired one of those cobbled together 25 or 30 MM anti tank guns close to us to show off...

It *WAS* (past tense) vehicle mounted, but they recovered the barrel & bolt from down vehicles, made a single shot shoulder fired weapon out of it.
    The overpressure punch in the bladder was HUGE, all I could do to not wet myself... Has the same muzzle brake as a DShK, usually damaged...
    AND, for what ever reason, the Soviet ammo was always fire damaged to boot!

Some called it 'Creative', we called it 'Suicidal'!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    ARs can be a bad choice for newer shooters only because we generally run them with minimal barrel length, and indoors you’re talking pretty serious concussion blast. Never mind a brake on one.

But if you happen to have an A2 kind of build with a 20”bbl, and shoot outdoors, it makes a big difference.

Top Bottom