• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He is getting his 15+ minutes of fame. I don't think this is what he expected.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    13450796_10206513980551520_6287174279162675409_n.jpg

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I don't know guys, this seems to prove just how scary these guns are:

[video=youtube;UDOdq9iPMA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDOdq9iPMA4[/video]

I did not read the whole thread, so if this is a dupe, let me know.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't know guys, this seems to prove just how scary these guns are:

[video=youtube;UDOdq9iPMA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDOdq9iPMA4[/video]

I did not read the whole thread, so if this is a dupe, let me know.

That vid has been posted in several threads. But mocking the Kuntzman liar is always okay so no worries.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Not even close. He lied. Used to be in journalism that got you fired. He's not gonna get fired. Might as well mock him.

Now you get promoted for the ad revenue from click counts driven by sensationalist headlines and then having people click your other work to see if you were always this bad.

If anything he'll try to claim benefits of some sort for all the emotional suffering inflicted by the internet from his article(s).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now you get promoted for the ad revenue from click counts driven by sensationalist headlines and then having people click your other work to see if you were always this bad.

If anything he'll try to claim benefits of some sort for all the emotional suffering inflicted by the internet from his article(s).
    I can see it now. Workman's comp for being triggered.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well, Kuntzman has put out another article about guns. He's taken the videos of 7 yr olds firing AR-15s and now describes it as perpetuating the "cycle of violence". Unfortunately, his aim is to perpetuate the cycle of victimization.

I will agree with him 100% on one point he made in article. He cited some videos where people fired guns they weren't prepared for. You know the ones where a girl holds a huge handgun totally wrong because she doesn't know any better and then smacks herself in the head from recoil while the boyfriend laughs... Those are wrong and only ignorant *******s would do that and then share the video.

However, the rest of his article is pure ignorance again. I'm sure a lot of people will rightly continue ripping him. He purposely conflates use of a firearm with violence. He doesn't address those who commit violent acts and doesn't even list a single violent incident in his entire article. He leaves it to the readers imagination to come up with the idea that these 7 yr old girls are going to be violent because they shot guns as a youth. Unfortunately, too many will likely make that connection.

I'm sure he believes that his conclusion is insightful, but is actually rather vacuous statement: "To stop the cycle of violence we need to stop the cycle of violence."

If you want to read his article and give his employer more ad revenue, click on this link: Why do gun lovers love seeing a 7-year-old firing - NY Daily News

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, Kuntzman has put out another article about guns. He's taken the videos of 7 yr olds firing AR-15s and now describes it as perpetuating the "cycle of violence". Unfortunately, his aim is to perpetuate the cycle of victimization.

I will agree with him 100% on one point he made in article. He cited some videos where people fired guns they weren't prepared for. You know the ones where a girl holds a huge handgun totally wrong because she doesn't know any better and then smacks herself in the head from recoil while the boyfriend laughs... Those are wrong and only ignorant *******s would do that and then share the video.

However, the rest of his article is pure ignorance again. I'm sure a lot of people will rightly continue ripping him. He purposely conflates use of a firearm with violence. He doesn't address those who commit violent acts and doesn't even list a single violent incident in his entire article. He leaves it to the readers imagination to come up with the idea that these 7 yr old girls are going to be violent because they shot guns as a youth. Unfortunately, too many will likely make that connection.

I'm sure he believes that his conclusion is insightful, but is actually rather vacuous statement: "To stop the cycle of violence we need to stop the cycle of violence."

If you want to read his article and give his employer more ad revenue, click on this link: Why do gun lovers love seeing a 7-year-old firing - NY Daily News

Some highlights

After I wrote last week about my horrifying experience of shooting an AR-15 military-style rifle, I received plenty of mail questioning my masculinity.

Of course you did.
    Had you claimed that getting a paper cut was the same as suffering an amputation, the same claim would have been made.

I get it, America, most kids are braver than me. Many children are raised to proudly fire weapons. And, yes, my surname is Kuntzman.

Yes, most kids are braver than you. See. We can agree on something.
    Many children are raised.... Okay. I agree with that.
    Surname.... Well. It's not a good argument. But I'm sure if the tables are turned, you'd have jumped on that also.

should not even be toys for adults.

Says who? Are you the king? My Dad?

You get “Little kid shooting big gun,” which shows a boy being knocked over from the recoil of his rifle as his father laughs.

Yup. Some people do stupid things. But I'm not advocating taking away people's First Amendment rights just because you seem to abuse that right by claiming you had PTSD and were bruised by an AR.

You get the innocuously titled, Young Girl Shoots AR-15,” which has the girl near tears by the end as her father encourages her to repeat the experience.

I fell off a bike when I was learning.
    My father made me get back on.
    I appreciate him for doing that, or I hate him for that? Guess which side I'm going with.

As an aside, your Google search will also provide a subset of even sicker videos of scantily clad women firing off high-powered rifles as if machine guns are some sort of foreplay.

Yup. Many gun owners (not all) are dudes. We like scantily clad women.
    I've seen pictures of bare chested firefighters with something to the effect of a fire being at the woman's house.
    Yet I'm not calling to ban Fire Departments.

Studies show that thousands of kids die every year in a gun-related incident.

Thousands die in car-related incidents.
    Where is your demand to ban cars?

We have a problem with violence in this country and it may just be because too many gun owners treat weapons like just another Barbie doll.

Guns have been around since the beginning of this country.
    Maybe the problem is we've changed some of societies rules on raising children.
    And most of those videos represent people that were raised to treat the gun differently than a Barbie doll.
    Do you practice the 4 safety rules when playing with your Barbie?

Even our best experts don't know what causes some kids to become violent. But it sure as hell doesn’t help that we make violence a part of our national experience. Treating weapons of war as a normal part of a kid’s childhood suggests that it is a good thing to be comfortable with the tools of violence.

Even the best experts... and yet here you are, voicing your lack of expertise. You must be smarter than the experts.

I know there’s a Second Amendment. And, yes, I know that it protects a citizen’s right to defend himself from threats, domestic and foreign. But the right to bear arms is not a call to use them.

What in the living F?
    You've completely left the reservation.
    "Not to use them".
    I'm not even sure where to start, there is SO MUCH wrong.
    Just a few notes.
    So you have a right to be a journalist, but that doesn't give you the right to compose or publish anything.
    How about, how are we to defend ourselves, without practice?
    Even safety requires practice.

Good thing I reached the end.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Lying sack of journalism"

Excellent points, especially Whittle's closing comments. But Steve Green coined the most appropriate pejorative for Kuntzman, "lying sack of journalism."

[video]https://youtu.be/POJzxgLXJOE[/video]

Top Bottom