• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I taught two mid-teen brothers to shoot a handgun, and by the time ten minutes had passed they were nigh perfect (not because of my teaching, certainly).

They later joined the Army, made it through Ranger school with extremely high marks in rifle and handgun, and served two tours together in Afghanistan. Their mother never forgave me for teaching them to shoot, since that seemed to be the start of their adventurous side. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have read studies that show how kids who play first-person shooter video games have an easier time learning to shoot real guns for the first time.
    Modern video games try to be as accurate in their gun details, so younger kids who play these games already know how to align the sights on popular pistols and rifles and well as how to reload them.
    Crap... I can't even figure out the controllers anymore... :): :fogey:

Myla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Online Everywhere bu
    They suprise us all the time! Part of the joys of being a parent. Long long time ago my daughter was I think still in the single digits was invited to laser tag. She came home that afternoon glowing that she was the top shooter.... first time too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Its all about stupid video games their hand / eye coordination is amazing!! look at these kids flying drones for the military,i can't even fly my r/c in the back yard without a crash

You're probably right. Last year one of them tried to teach me to play video games. He's still laughing.

Let me know if you need someone else to teach them how to miss. I'm good at that!

I may need you!

Beat the hell out of them rhino!

I like they way you think too!

I think it is all the ADD drugs the kids are on. Maybe a little bit of the skinny jeans and V-necks they wear mixed in too.

They're not using drugs, but their jeans are all skinny because they are. I'm doubting that they're related to me at this point.

I have read studies that show how kids who play first-person shooter video games have an easier time learning to shoot real guns for the first time.
    Modern video games try to be as accurate in their gun details, so younger kids who play these games already know how to align the sights on popular pistols and rifles and well as how to reload them.

That's probably a big factor. I suppose it makes sense too.

There was an actual study done after the first Gulf war to determine why most kills were one-shot headshots. They came to the conclusion that video game skills were the catalyst to the deadlier shots on targets.

Well, now I know where they're going to shoot me when I'm no longer useful to them!

Rhino, look at the bright side: When/if the SHTF, you will have useful help dealing with it.

I hope! Unless they pick a different teams!

Crap... I can't even figure out the controllers anymore... :): :fogey:

I'm lost if I have a set of controls with more than a joystick and one button.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Appreciate it. At least I was efficient had my Devil Spawn two at a time.

Did you get a discount that way?

I've not yet spawned any of my own devil spawn yet. I'm hoping to someday be the Old Dad so we can go to father/brat functions and the other kids will say, "Dude, why's your grandpa with you on father's day?"

Myla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Online Everywhere bu

I've not yet spawned any of my own devil spawn yet. I'm hoping to someday be the Old Dad so we can go to father/brat functions and the other kids will say, "Dude, why's your grandpa with you on father's day?"

I think rebate cheque got lost in the mail... only been 21 years.

If by then you are on a breathing apparatus, just be Darth.

My son had breathing problems when he was young and we had to physically fight him in the hospital when administering the medicine via the mask. When he was old enough to speak, he though it was super cool cuz he sounded like Darth Vadar.

We must learn from the young Jedi.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I pray you never breed....

Top Bottom