what is the best 9mm or 40 carry weapon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    This will need moved to General, then it will need a ton of people offering their opinion on their favorites, and another group explaining how there is not a "best".

Being part of group 1, I say the Glock 23...excellent stopping power, good size to capacity ratio, easy to find parts and magazines for.

Btw, comfort will have more to do with the holster and wear position than the gun itself, in my opinion

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I'm gonna join both groups! :D

I prefer the Glock 19. It's very comfortable to carry, has a good capacity and is very reliable. I use it with a Galco KingTuk IWB Holster and it's very comfortable and easy to access.

Everybody will have their own opinion and honestly, there is no right answer.

Try as many as you can. Read as much as you can about them and then make your purchase! Do some searches here on INGO. That's what helps me with gun-buying decisions all the time!

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I would re-ask this in the Handgun section. And if your refering to "they wouldn't let you"..... in the classifieds. Well I guess you'll just have to read the FAQ and find out when they will let you....

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Anything less than .50 cal is a waste of time.....

Seriously, the best carry weapon is the one always have with you and have taken training with. I don't care if you carry a .45 with a laser, bayonet and heat seeking rounds, if you can't deploy the weapon and manipulate it properly under stress then nothing else matters.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Anything less than .50 cal is a waste of time.....

Seriously, the best carry weapon is the one always have with you and have taken training with. I don't care if you carry a .45 with a laser, bayonet and heat seeking rounds, if you can't deploy the weapon and manipulate it properly under stress then nothing else matters.

Bayonet on a .45(1911) is a great option, but hard to CC.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010

Ack...I forgot the "The best weapon is the one you train with" group. Sorry!

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I would think that given your sig (Which I love BTW) you might be in the same group over your stated position of "Group 1: Buy the gun I like"....:dunno:

I'm not making fun of these groups, nor saying the statements aren't true...just telling to OP what the bulk of the comments tend to be :)

My sig is from my battalion commander...I don't know where he got it from, may have made it up, but either way it struck me as a "shake 'em and wake 'em" statement for many people.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Bayonet on a .45(1911) is a great option, but hard to CC.

Not a 1911, but it's been done ...because it can be? :dunno:

laserlyte_kabar_pistol_bayonet_1.jpg

FWIW, it's also been done before for, likely, more practical reasons...

pkitcutlass.gif

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    im looking for the most comfortable,reliable, carry weapon. any input will help..... thanks

Because this is such a subjective sort of quest, it's difficult to give a definitive answer. There are, however, several reputable firearm manufactures who offer some great choices that fit your criteria. Do some reading, talk to friends, family, people you meet at the range (who, at times, will allow you to put a few rounds down range with their pistol). Find a range that rents guns and try a few different choices. Eventually, you'll narrow down your search to a few possibilities. Just remember that the whole process is part of the enjoyment! :D

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    i like the Glock 32 357 sig round is a bad a____ round. also can put a g23 barrel in it an you got a 40 cal. G19 is also on my list. use to not like glock now it is my only auto gun that i carry. i do carry a wheel gun every now an then and it is always a toss up S/W or taurus. the best gun is the one you have on you when the big thug wants to take your lunch money and maybe your life. Eddie

Elvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    After doing much homework and trying the "fit" of a lot of different ones I ended up with a M&P 9c for my first carry gun. It seemed to be the most natual shooter for me. Good luck on finding the right holster.. might take a few attemps to get that right.

Top Bottom