what is the best 9mm or 40 carry weapon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    The Ruger SR9c is a very good gun for concealed carry.I just bought one,and I think it is a great gun to carry for many reasons.Check it out on any Ruger forum,and see what a lot of people are saying about it.Good luck,and happy shooting...................

gibby101

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Liberty
    cant really give ya a good reason why one is better than the other but if you like to shoot alot the 9 will be cheaper and you can find it every where but you can also find 40 every where but this prices are going up on all ammo and i carry a sig p250 every day and with a good hollow point it will be just as bad of a day for someone as would be if i had a 40

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    "Comfortable" can be a very subjective thing. Some guys find even the smallest, lightest pistols "uncomfortable" while others don't mind carrying an all-steel 6-inch revolver around the clock. It also depends allot on how you will carry the gun. A good quality hip holster and sturdy belt can make most reasonable sized guns tolerable, inside the waistband carry generally calls for a slimmer pistol and pocket carry requires a gun with an overall small footprint. I find anything larger than the mid size Glock's (19/23/30/32) start getting uncomfortable.

FWIW I frequently carry a Kel-Tec PF9 (either in my pocket or on my belt) and when my wardrobe permits a Glock 19 in a King-Tuc IWB holster.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Brent, if you already own the RIA .45 1911, why not get a holster, a belt and try carrying it.

Spend $$ on the belt first, then cast about for holsters. Crossbreed, Comp Tac are two of the most popular iwb holsters. Google "1911 IWB holster" and prepare to be driven mad by the number of choices. You might like it, you might not, but you won't know until you try.

A 1911 is very slim, and I find carrying a full size 1911 more comfortable than my Glock 19 (both IWB), just because of width.

Personally, I've been gravitating toward single stack sub compact 9mm's in summer, and that's been a good option for me. Jeans and heavy belt, I don't mind carrying a double stack .45.

That's my advice. Good luck, have fun, and welcome!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have a Glock 26 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck. Wear it all day and forget its in your waistband. Very comfortable. Also have a taurus 851 in front pocket in a Mika Pocket Hoslter.

Top Bottom