• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdgdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    I would not want to be in the way of any flying projectile, that paint ball gun even leaves welts if not properly protected.

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    I appreciated my friend's 380 during the great ammo shortage. While 9mm was hard to find, we could still get some 380 to plink with.

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    It is the bigger is better mentality. I carried a small 22 auto for years and never thought twice about it because I was very comfortable and very accurate with it. 380s and 32s were concealed carry guns for decades before compact 9mm and 45 polymer guns came along.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It is the bigger is better mentality. I carried a small 22 auto for years and never thought twice about it because I was very comfortable and very accurate with it. 380s and 32s were concealed carry guns for decades before compact 9mm and 45 polymer guns came along.

I think a lot of people have developed a size fetish. My little vz.70 (7.65 Browning) might only put a neat little hole in the BG's head. My Tokarev (7.62x25) or my vz.82 (9x18) might take most of his head off. Either way, he's toast.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'll have to check one out. thanks for the tip!

I bought a LC380 for my Daughter. I will repay the deal on the bucket-o-bullets you made me and meet up with you to let you shoot it. I am a VIP member at Midwest in Elkhart and will furnish ammo and cover the range fee. PM me if interested.

askeen289

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    I have to admit my feeling when purchasing my first handgun was based on this bigger is better mentality. I thought the .40 cal was the best around at the time close to thee punch of a .45 but smaller and closer to a 9mm. Since then I have changes my thinking some. Regardless of the caliber if a situation happens anything is better than nothing, .22. .380 or 44 mag if it gives you the opportunity to protect yourself then it works beyond that it is a matter of preference so take advantage of the .380 it will still punch a hole in something.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Because humans are flawed..

The vast majority of people I encounter in ages from 10 to 50 behave this way. Its part of who we are as a species.
    Those younger than that, havent really grown enough to realize jealousy, and their desire to be an ever higher place on the popularity pyramid.

Those older than that, have been there-done that, and are matured to the point of realizing that none of it matters. What really matters is all of the things the 10-50's tend to forget.

We sure are a funny bunch of creatures...

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Let's be honest, it's just embarrassing to be killed with a 380. I could see my friends chiseling a LoL on my tombstone if I go down from anything less than a 40.

In closing, may I suggest that we all carry large caliber handguns to preserve the delicate street rep of the fallen. I rest my case.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I have been through two defensive handgun courses, and proper shot placement was emphasized in both. I say carry what you are comfortable practicing with enough that you have a reasonable chance of hitting your target in a place that will incapacitate them quickly.

Caliber is secondary IMHO.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I don't want to be shot with anything at all. I never knock what someone chooses to carry. That's their business.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    380? Get yourself a Taurus Judge and see how many tell you youre better off throwing it at the BG than trying go shoot them with it, LOL. It is what it is. I carry a 9mm, but the Judge sits close at bedtime with a 410 000 buck shot and 4 45 colt silvertips. Keep slamming the .380 so theyll leave my Judge alone for awhile lol. Just kidding of course. My 9mm is a 7+1 compact frame and I get alot of grief for even carrting it. Whatever man sime people just aint happy and theirs is always better.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Convey to the gentleman that the last time some rude neanderthal interrupted your conversation with that same unsolicited advice he was not willing to test his assertion. Let him know that if he has more courage than the last guy, you are quite willing to test it on him and see if he is right.

waaa2

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    to echo the sentiments of many in this thread...
    I too wouldn't want to be shot by a .380, 22, pellet gun, bb gun, rock in a sling shot...
    or heck, even getting shot with a thick rubber band would p*** me off!

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree with a lot of the above comments concerning getting shot with anything. I firmly believe a bullet will triumph over Prozac every time. That's just gotta hurt. I carried a .380 for years and I was not worried about my protection. And, as mentioned, accuracy and shot placement can mitigate cartridge size. Hell, I gave up on that theory my first day in gym class! I did finally switch to a 9mm when I discovered I can carry one the same size as my old .380. Of course, with my 'ol geezer eyes now, I can count on the shock wave of a near miss to do the damage.:)

Top Bottom