• ...and so much more!
  • ShrikeInc

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2023
    South
    I am a really big fun of Walther. My wife carried CCP for a while and used it in few multi-day courses - with this one you learn to clear malfunctions pretty fast, it's really "sticky" while new. Gets better after 1-2k 124 gr ball. Self defense rounds (Speer 124gr HPs) never got it to malfunction, funny enough (+P helps I guess). Really like PPQ SC I have and PDP, but those are over price range.
    Frieng of mine are fan of Canik, those are much closer to the price and have trigger really similar to that of Walther (TP9 SFx is pretty much PPQ Q5).
    I think he got through about 2k rounds on his MC9 ($430 at our local FFL) without any major problem with reasonable ammo.

Ortgies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2022
    7597 W. C.R, 800 N.
    Here's a thought; consider the vast number of reliable, affordable handuns out there today that you can afford to buy, easily carry, know that it will work when needed. Remember when a new 1911, frequently needed more than the purchase price just to get it running?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    About 90 rounds in, noticed the front sight was loose... :( ... appears they missed the locktite at the factory. Others have reported "gallons" of locktite when wanting to swap sights. So, I''d say check the front sight with a 2 mm allen first thing.

Other than that, fed and fired flawlessly, though less than 100 rounds, so not a lot. Grips and points great for me! Ate the heart of the A-zone out at 7 yds double tap and failure drills.
    I fixed the G3C front sight: 2 mm allen plus blue locktite. I cleaned the area around the sight, but not the gun... so it's still "just out of the box" condition with 88 rounds on it.

I made it back to the range yesterday and finished the partial box from the first trip (12) and 3 more boxes with no issues for 250 rounds total.

I like this gun... I'd still recommend the S&W Shield Plus over it if someone has the budget for the Shield+.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just bought a LE trade in Glock 22 today. $299 + Tax. So just shy of $320. Looks to be in good shape, night sights, no box, 1 magazine. I figured for 3 bills it was worth having as something to kick around.
    I'm looking for a LEO TRADE-IN S&W M&P 2.0 in 40S&W for around $250-275.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm looking for a LEO TRADE-IN S&W M&P 2.0 in 40S&W for around $250-275.
    Keep an eye on this seller. I've ordered from them before, they are good to go. I've never seen a 2.0 for less than $280, though. They do have Gen1 M&P 40 for $279 with factory case and 3 mags.

They have a Trijicon MRO red dot for $349 that I would snag if I needed another optic. It's used, but unissued, so like new.

LINK: https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/pages/law-enforcement-trade-ins

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$240
    FS

1699393986475.png

allenfirearmsllc

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    At least 2000 rounds down range from 3 different ported PSA Daggers that I now consider completely reliable.
    For the most part New Republic ball, 115GR and all tested with 50 rounds of 124 GR HST. I have had stoppages but all attributed to mags or ammo. All of mine were purchased slide and frame separately but complete guns ship with Magpul mags. The Magpul mags don't seem completely reliable but with Glock mags mine have all run like Glocks.
    A Dagger WITH an optic cut can be had for less than 400 allowing you to have a Dagger with an optic mounted for the price of an MOS Glock, no optic.
    Just an observation but I'm always skeptical of people that say they run thousands of rounds without a malfunction. It's been my experience that malfunctions are 99% ammo, mags or operator and unavoidable. I see low powder charge and hard primers, on an irregular basis with practice ammo so malfunctions are and unfortunate reality.
    Reliability is a relative term, anything mechanical can and will eventually fail with enough use. The heart of, as well as the weak link in a semi-auto pistol IS the magazine and that's why I carry and train with a spare. YMMV
    I second this. I have 3000+ rounds on my PSA dagger with slide cuts, optic, and threaded barrel. I only had a malfunctions one day when i first got my suppressor i was putting suppressed subs through it and hadnt cleaned it in 2k rounds. I cleaned the gun and it ran perfectly. Same setup, same box of ammo.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Keep an eye on this seller. I've ordered from them before, they are good to go. I've never seen a 2.0 for less than $280, though. They do have Gen1 M&P 40 for $279 with factory case and 3 mags.

They have a Trijicon MRO red dot for $349 that I would snag if I needed another optic. It's used, but unissued, so like new.

LINK: https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/pages/law-enforcement-trade-ins
    One NOTE on the M&P 1.0 pistols.
    Yes, you can get them cheaper than the used 2.0.

Midway has all these parts.
    BUT it you get the 1.0, I would recommend upgrading the Striker Assembly to the one they make now
    ( Product #: 466044, Manufacturer #: 393790000, UPC #: 197706466044).
    IF memory serves they had some problems with the early ones breaking.

ALSO, upgrade the Sear Housing Block to the one with the 1/8" Sear Return Spring, they had some problems with the 1/16" springs.
    (Product #: 546264, Manufacturer #: 390900000, UPC #: 197706546264 ).

In my case, I bought 2 of the M&P 40 1.0 pistols a few years ago cheap.
    I upgraded them to .357 Sig with OEM S&W barrels.

I also found that when switched to .357 Sig, they had extraction issues, leaving the empty brass in the chamber and jamming the gun.
    I FIXED this with the Apex Tactical Failure Resistant Extractor,
    (Product #: 739146 Manufacturer #: 100-068 UPC #: 856008005154 )

I ended up with two, low cost, dependable .357 Sig pistols that S&W no longer sells.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom