What is your favorite .40 S&W carry firearm? Share your thoughts and comparisons

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Considering that I only own 1 in a .40 S&W I'd say it would have to be the SR40....when I get a holster for it.

I have a Galco IWB for 92FS that fits but I'd rather have a OWB paddle holster.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    When I was looking for a concealed carry gun in.40 I chose the Sig P239 over the Glock 27 because after shooting both I found the Sig to have much less percieved recoil than the G27, also the P239 is more controllable in my opinion. However the mag capacity on the single stack P239 is much lower than the G27. As far as and open carry of truck gun is concerned I'd go with the Glock 22 all the way.

3shots

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Doans,Indiana
    Favorite 40 S&W carry firearm

Edbean My glock is bone stock. You be careful with that 3.5lb trigger don't want you shooting yourself in the dingus.3shots.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    When I was looking for a concealed carry gun in.40 I chose the Sig P239 over the Glock 27 because after shooting both I found the Sig to have much less percieved recoil than the G27, also the P239 is more controllable in my opinion. However the mag capacity on the single stack P239 is much lower than the G27. As far as and open carry of truck gun is concerned I'd go with the Glock 22 all the way.
    I recently made the switch from a G27 to a P239 myself.

G27 shot.jpg

P239 shot.jpg

I think they "feel" about the same size when carried IWB (in fact, the same Don Hume IWB holster works for both). But I think that the SIG shoots more comfortably, and I am able to bring it on target more quickly. Something about the Glock grip angle just never felt right to me, and I always ended up aiming high if I pointed the pistol at the target naturally, then checked the sights. 7+1 as opposed to 9+1 isn't that big of a deal for me personally, compared to ease of shooting. And I will say that I really like the trigger pull of the P239. The DA pull is comfortingly long (comfortingly from a safety perspective) and the SA pull is quite crisp.

Here's my SIG:

P239.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    My favorite is the M&P40 Pro Series. I wear mine in a CCC Looper IWB holster, and I can forget that I have it on sometimes.

It is a real looker and a real shooter... What more could you ask?

mpblackcoat.jpg

perfectform15yards.jpg

189ctc15yards.jpg

mp40pro15yards.jpg

Last edited:

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    Hey Aaron, its my recentley aquired emp. First 8 shots were a 4" group at 30 yds. Its thin and carries very well in a don hume jit slide holster. Its a sweet little 1911

Top Bottom