What is your favorite lure for bass fishing in PONDS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your favorite pond bait for bass?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    What is your favorite lure for largemouth bass fishing in ponds? I would say mine is a plastic worm or creature bait. Slooow reeling it in seems to work best.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Homebrew Spinnerbait w/long wire, colorado 6/4 double bladed chartruse and white blades, chartruse/blue rubber skirt. 5/16oz, .040 wire, hooked up with a #3 Mustad Sproat main hook. Usually with a 6" worm trailer or as long as 8" trailer on the moon.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My favorite bait anywhere is a topwater of any kind. If you can't get excited about explosive strikes, check your pulse. My most productive bait is a watermelon/purple flake tube.

Gotta agree with topwater baits! Spooks, Jitterbugs, Hula Poppers are among my favorites. I'll throw topwater before anything else just cause I really love the strike. Early morning and dusk seem to be the most productive. In the heat of the day, I'll slow role a spinner bait or creep a worm Carolina rigged.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    It would have to be an black and silver original Rapala for me. My fondness of that bait dates back to before we even knew there were Bass tournaments. All we knew was that the older guys that went on the great excursion "up north" all had more Rapalas in their steel tackleboxes than any other lure. They weren't cheap and you had to swim to retrieve them occasionally but they were the pride of many a young boy.
    There is something about casting that lure at sun break and waiting for the initial ripples to dissipate across the pond. Then just a touch of the rod tip and again wait. The payoff was something that only a surface lure brings.

Top Bottom