What is your favorite lure for bass fishing in PONDS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your favorite pond bait for bass?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    All the ponds I've ever fished have too much green stuff in them to use a worm or jig effectively. Every cast would come back full of "pond moss."

So, I got used to a lot of top-water baits, or anything you could fish about 12 inches deep.

Having said that, good fishing was typically limited to spring and fall when the water temps were just right.

Also, dusk is obviously the best time to throw top water.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    It would have to be an black and silver original Rapala for me. My fondness of that bait dates back to before we even knew there were Bass tournaments. All we knew was that the older guys that went on the great excursion "up north" all had more Rapalas in their steel tackleboxes than any other lure. They weren't cheap and you had to swim to retrieve them occasionally but they were the pride of many a young boy.
    There is something about casting that lure at sun break and waiting for the initial ripples to dissipate across the pond. Then just a touch of the rod tip and again wait. The payoff was something that only a surface lure brings.
    Do I know you?

Only thing missing is Ultralight rig with 2" Rapala. Second choice, slip bobber with ultralight jigs so I can work the snags and crap better.

I love these fantasy threads, "what lure"............YEAH RIGHT! Like I go fishing with only one lure, but in ponds I prefer ultralight spinning rigs that are stiff that can cast accurately and fairly far.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I've always had the best luck with spinner baits and rubber worms. The bass in my avatar was caught on a spinner bait. My very first cast the bass snatched it as soon as it hit the water. It was late April early May in a small pond in Noblesville about 6:30 in the morning.

Top Bottom