• ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I approve of this purchase!

My brother in law pulls the taillights out a few times a year to blow out the crud that builds up in the bed sides. Seems to have worked for him.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Congrats on the truck, Phylo. Needs a longer bed and 2 more tires if you're really gonna do the farm thing. That should tow a gooseneck with your food plot stuff on it with no problem.

I'll never make it out of the JV farm squad so this'n should do everything I need it to.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Welcome to the Cummins club. Check out Turbo Diesel Register, a lot of good info online and membership comes with a quarterly magazine chock full of useful info.

Just turned over 499,000 miles on my '99 Cummins last week.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Congrats Phylo, been driving mine since 2000, 350K still going. Get some fuel supplement now for winter as it vanishes with the first really cold weather.

MRockwell is right about the register, lots of good info.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Congrats! I'm envious.

I approve of this purchase!

My brother in law pulls the taillights out a few times a year to blow out the crud that builds up in the bed sides. Seems to have worked for him.

I'm curious why one would need to pull the tail lights to do that. I've always just blown up the bed sides with a pressure washer from underneith.

Am I missing something?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Congrats! I'm envious.

I'm curious why one would need to pull the tail lights to do that. I've always just blown up the bed sides with a pressure washer from underneith.

Am I missing something?

Tail lights out gives you a straight shot at the top of the wheel wells where crap lays trapped and holding moisture.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Tail lights out gives you a straight shot at the top of the wheel wells where crap lays trapped and holding moisture.

Perhaps things have changed in the 20 years of time between my newest truck and the present, but aren't the wheel wells in a truck the inside of the bed?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Please tell me that doesn't have aluminum pistons... Please tell me that doesn't have aluminum pistons...

(I know some of their BIG commercial inline 6-pots have aluminum cylinders - and they'll have problems. Big expensive problems)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Perhaps things have changed in the 20 years of time between my newest truck and the present, but aren't the wheel wells in a truck the inside of the bed?

one side of the wheel wells are.:rolleyes:

The sheet metal bridges from inner bed wall to outside steel and crap lays on top rotting out the fender wells. If we're gonna get all testicle about terminology I'll have to "brake" out my automotive thesaurus.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had it to Ziebart for rustproofing, undercoating as well as paint & interior protection, had a Line-X bed liner installed and the front windows tinted to match the rear and put a Thuren lift kit on it last night. I need to have it aligned and my new wheels and tires will be in Thursday.

Before
    nH3Glp5h.jpg

After
    wyN3sKth.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Very nice! The company I work for makes a component for the engine in those. We also make some of the parts for the headlight assemblies. Despite the reputation that FCA( previously Dodge) has and will probably not die for another generation, they do pretty well these days.

Post a shot when you get the new wheels.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Very nice! The company I work for makes a component for the engine in those. We also make some of the parts for the headlight assemblies. Despite the reputation that FCA( previously Dodge) has and will probably not die for another generation, they do pretty well these days.

Post a shot when you get the new wheels.

If I hadn't had really good luck with Ram trucks I wouldn't keep buying them. This is my 4th and the first three were great trucks. I know Ford makes a good vehicle as I beat the hell out of more than a few of them while working in LE and they kept on going but all things considered I prefer the Ram trucks over the Fords. Had a rental Chevrolet truck while my 2013 was being put back together after a crash and I just don't care for anything about them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I forgot that I hadn't updated this thread when I got the new wheels put on. I went with Husky floor liners, I like them as well as the Weathertechs I have had in the past.

Not a great pic but the only one I've got currently with the new shoes.
    3lW6LWyh.jpg

Top Bottom