• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Since I run service it varies each week, some weeks I do about 450 round trip, this past week I logged in 1,455 round trip with 3 runs to Huntington WV, 1 to Clarksville IN, and 1 to Ft Thomas Ky.

The good thing is it's not my truck/gas and windsheild time pays as good as turning wrenches.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    About 18 miles to the train station, 30-40 minutes depending on traffic and how many red lights I hit. Then, another 55 minutes on the train to Chicago.

DougO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Kokomo
    About 50 miles each way, usually an hour each way. Except with snow / ice then it is more like an hour + ten in the morning and an hour + thirty in the evening. I am ready for warm weather.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    0.8 Miles.... Three turns and a parking lot and I'm at work in less than 5...... However with our daycare being 10-20 minutes north of us, now makes my commute a bit longer

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Most of the time, my commute can be measured in feet. I work from home most of the time but when I do go into the office, it's about 10 miles each way. On a good day, it takes about 19 minutes. On average, it's about 25 minutes. Back when I lived in the San Francisco bay area, the commute was 60 miles. On a good night, I could get there in an hour. When I moved to day shift, my commute home would sometimes run to 3 hours on Fridays. All it took was an accident or stall on any of the following to stop things solid: Bay bridge, Caldecot tunnels, 680/24 interchange, 24/4 interchange, Highway 4 pass or the corridor out to Antioch. For a couple of months after the '89 earthquake, it was 4 hours each way routinely. I am much happier with my current commute.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    About 10 feet.

I've got a home office and telecommute. It's nice. Just sucks waking up 10 minutes before work and sitting down still groggy, but the coffee pot is only about another 10 feet away from my desk so it's not too bad 45 minutes later. :)

I also eat some great home cooked meals on my hour lunch break. And the boss doesn't need to know if I wash it down with a beer or not. :)

Top Bottom