• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've had tanks in the past. I always start out keeping up with the cleaning and maintenance but eventually lose interest. Had one 80 gallon extra high with two big oscars and and a red tail catfish in it. The catfish got big enough that he was starting to pick on the oscars (and they were probably 8+ inches long) so I had to get rid of him. He was probably at least 15".

Also had African cichlids for awhile. Those are cool fish. Almost like having saltwater fish in fresh water with all their bright colors.
    I used to have Oscars....very cool fish.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Buddy of mine had an oscar. Said they destroy his tank but he was awesome. We would feed him anything we could find, that thing would eat everything we threw in there.
    Oscars are cool fish! I fed them nightcrawlers sometimes. The two of them would go through a dozen feeder goldfish in less than half an hour. They'd also come up to the top of the tank to get petted on their heads. The catfish was neat too. I got him a little (2" or so) rubber doggy chew ring that he would play with, picking it up off the bottom and "tossing" it around. He was only about 2" long when I got him. I guess in the wild they get up to around 3' long.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Oscars are cool fish! I fed them nightcrawlers sometimes. The two of them would go through a dozen feeder goldfish in less than half an hour. They'd also come up to the top of the tank to get petted on their heads. The catfish was neat too. I got him a little (2" or so) rubber doggy chew ring that he would play with, picking it up off the bottom and "tossing" it around. He was only about 2" long when I got him. I guess in the wild they get up to around 3' long.
    Thats a first!! Ive never heard of fish playing with chew toys, that’d be fun to see. You shouldvevkept him! :(

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This is the Gooty Sapphire Ornamental, Poecilotheria metallica. I call this one "Orion". Unsexed juvenile, about 3" diagonal legspan. It molted the other day and doesn't appear to have grown much this go 'round but the overall blue as well as the yellow chevrons at the joints are starting to stick out.

1000008898.jpg

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Back in high scool I worked at petsmart and was taught something cool
    The black ghost knives (you don't easily find them anymore) would eat out of your hand. Very cool thing to experience.

I'd love to have a tank with one of those.

Done the angel fish tank and loved it... would love to attempt a discus tank.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've had tanks in the past. I always start out keeping up with the cleaning and maintenance but eventually lose interest. Had one 80 gallon extra high with two big oscars and and a red tail catfish in it. The catfish got big enough that he was starting to pick on the oscars (and they were probably 8+ inches long) so I had to get rid of him. He was probably at least 15".

Also had African cichlids for awhile. Those are cool fish. Almost like having saltwater fish in fresh water with all their bright colors.
    Way back before we moved from FL to IN (early 90's) I had tanks and really enjoyed African cichlids. I didn't want to move the tanks when moved here. That said, I could see potentially getting a tank again and putting it in my basement one day. As DD said though, it's a matter of if I want the maintenance.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Back in high scool I worked at petsmart and was taught something cool
    The black ghost knives (you don't easily find them anymore) would eat out of your hand. Very cool thing to experience.

I'd love to have a tank with one of those.

Done the angel fish tank and loved it... would love to attempt a discus tank.
    Back when I was into tanks, my brother had a discus tank and had a large knife fish in another tank. Both were cool. If I recall the Discus were a bit tough to maintain.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    3 cats:

Precious
    5JJ0yoU.jpg

Carmel
    ZwqmR3N.jpg

Denver
    m8fYFaI.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    3 cats:

Precious
    5JJ0yoU.jpg

Carmel
    ZwqmR3N.jpg

Denver
    m8fYFaI.jpg
    Denver looks friendly. The other 2 have that “why the hell are you bothering me” look. Beautiful cats tho.

Cats are those pets you either love or dont. I cant have them, im allergic so my eyes get itchy and swell shut. It sucks because growing up i had cats and they were always low maintenance, leave you alone and occasionally want attention type pets. Then one scratched the **** out of me and ive been allergic ever since.

Im jealous of all you guys with the pcats in here. Such beautiful animals, and amazing hunters

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Denver looks friendly. The other 2 have that “why the hell are you bothering me” look. Beautiful cats tho.

Cats are those pets you either love or dont. I cant have them, im allergic so my eyes get itchy and swell shut. It sucks because growing up i had cats and they were always low maintenance, leave you alone and occasionally want attention type pets. Then one scratched the **** out of me and ive been allergic ever since.

Im jealous of all you guys with the pcats in here. Such beautiful animals, and amazing hunters

The top two are tortie shell females and are skittish but very lovable. Denver is a gorgeous part Maine coon orange tabby, who is also very loving at times, but we call him mean a$$ or Mr. Bitey for a reason... :):

Denver is the only one who only occasionally wants attention. The two females constantly want attention. Denver is the most social and will let people who come by pet him, but the other two normally won't.

Stinks that you're allergic to cats. I love cats and dogs both, but have no desire to own a dog.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    IMG_0891.jpeg

Its a beautiful day out, so thought I would let her get some fresh air and explore life outside of her enclosure for a bit. I would let her down and she would come straight to my feet and lay with her head on my foot. I placed her back down in the grass and walked behind her, she turned and came straight back to my foot again. Snakes arent like dogs and dont generally recognize their owners other than their scent, so it isnt like she wanted my attention, I just figured she wanted the warmth of my foot, so returned her to her enclosure.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    View attachment 337288

Its a beautiful day out, so thought I would let her get some fresh air and explore life outside of her enclosure for a bit. I would let her down and she would come straight to my feet and lay with her head on my foot. I placed her back down in the grass and walked behind her, she turned and came straight back to my foot again. Snakes arent like dogs and dont generally recognize their owners other than their scent, so it isnt like she wanted my attention, I just figured she wanted the warmth of my foot, so returned her to her enclosure.
    Back in my younger days I owned an alligator and a crocodile. The crocodile was an ass but the alligator would lay on me with its head on my shoulder. He was cool as hell. Got to big to keep though

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Back in my younger days I owned an alligator and a crocodile. The crocodile was an ass but the alligator would lay on me with its head on my shoulder. He was cool as hell. Got to big to keep though
    That would be awesome! Did you have a big water pond style enclosure for them or what? The ones i have seen online they have a big pool with a ledge for them to bask on

Top Bottom