• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Who are all these 5 year old girls, why don't their parents teach them not to take other peoples things, and why don't they teach them not to handle firearms without the parents supervision?

Started to make this purple and then thought not.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Who are all these 5 year old girls, why don't their parents teach them not to take other peoples things, and why don't they teach them not to handle firearms without the parents supervision?

Started to make this purple and then thought not.

I always Blade 45 degrees to the five-year olds while screaming DISENGAGE! DISENGAGE! DISENGAGE! in my head.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My only issues have been folks offering me LEO discounts (which I decline) or wanting to strike up a conversation about what I am carrying (an XD, if that matters). Rare for anyone to notice, and rarer still for anyone to care.

gamecrimez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Lafayette
    I OC 90% of the time & haven't had a bad encounter yet. Most people simply don't notice there phones keep them pretty busy. The ones that do notice a majority of them are carrying themselves. I sometimes hear people whispering while looking at me, I just smile & go on about my day.

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    I don't OC very often, I just got tied of all the attention I was getting from the woman folk.

Its hard enough the way it is, but you add the natural attraction of a visible firearm to this package, and you almost need a stick...

BTW my lawyer called earlier, turns out some distant relation of mine just passed and left me the title to one of the new bridges into Louisville. If anyone is interested I could let it go for a song.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Biggest challenge was always not getting overly involved in firearrm discussion (all positive so far) ... so I can finish my shopping trip in time.
    or
    At last Holloween - people kept thinking the Glock in my shoulder holster
    (I was in "costume" as Old School Nick Fury) was fake and saying I should just OC.
    Lots of LOLs when they realized (finally ... ) it was real; and legal. The giant nerf rifle probably threw them off...

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    OC'd for many years and I have never had a negative comment or heated exchange with anyone.

The weirdest encounter was with a plain clothes security guy at Martin's Super Market in Granger, IN. The guy came up to me while shopping with my wife and daughter, to ask if I had an "permit" for that thing, but said right away that he did not need to see it. I told him that I do have an LTCH.

He then asked me if it would be OK if he watched the cashier's reaction to me being armed at checkout, and told him that I'm fine with that, while giving him a befuddled look.

DaveM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    None as of yet, but I suppose it's bound to happen eventually. When/if I'm ever confronted about it, my standard go to will be "The state police said I can and trust me to do so."

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I've had two "issues" with officers. The first: An off-duty officer approached me, checked my Larry, and recommended that I conceal. I kindly told him that I carry how I see fit. The second: My uncle who is MCSD told me to conceal it, I again told him to pound sand.

Only other time was a friend told me that OC is stupid and should be illegal because it makes people uncomfortable. I reminded her that my rights don't end where her feelings begin.

Aside

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've had two "issues" with officers. The first: An off-duty officer approached me, checked my Larry, and recommended that I conceal. I kindly told him that I carry how I see fit. The second: My uncle who is MCSD told me to conceal it, I again told him to pound sand.

Only other time was a friend told me that OC is stupid and should be illegal because it makes people uncomfortable. I reminded her that my rights don't end where her feelings begin.

Aside

The attitude of "making other people uncomfortable" is starting to bug me more and more. Your response was dead on. I'm a very polite person, but when it comes to my second amendment rights, I absolutely don't care if my carrying my gun as I see fit bothers someone or not.

usp45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    The attitude of "making other people uncomfortable" is starting to bug me more and more. Your response was dead on. I'm a very polite person, but when it comes to my second amendment rights, I absolutely don't care if my carrying my gun as I see fit bothers someone or not.

Exactly
    my opinion is the same.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think my mere presence makes people uncomfortable, so it's probably inevitable that it will someday be illegal for me to be present.

Top Bottom