• ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Seriously you guys.

Who has tried the LCR and said "recoil is dreadful" or "s&w has a better trigger " or anything negative about the gun?

Its lighter than the competition, it has less felt recoil, it's incredibly accurate even for new DA shooters because the trigger pull is easily staged.

Whenever I hear anyone looking for a carry wheelgun it seems everyone immediately reverts to 10 years ago when you had two choices, light or heavy, Smith or Ruger. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take any credit away from where its due, I love my j frames and just today turned down an offer on one of mine.

But the 38 5 shot that goes with me every day is the LCR and I've yet to find someone with firsthand experience that would say anything negative.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    The wife picked up a S&W 442 (38 Spec) at the Show a few months ago and she's really happy with it. We had the Hogue attached so she can control the recoil a bit better.

My Brother inlaw picked up the Bodyguard (also 38 spec) he really likes the lazer that came on it.

When I'm giving my XD9 SC a rest, I have a S&W Mod 10, and it also has a Hogue, so it's not something you would put in your pocket, but I love shooting it.

:twocents:

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    The new 442/642 are solid choices. If you can find one of the older models I think you'll be doing yourself a favor. The double action on the older models are better and generally the SA trigger are pretty insane.

The really nice quality classics aren't much more expensive than the new Airweight. Plus they will hold their value better also.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    The new 442/642 are solid choices. If you can find one of the older models I think you'll be doing yourself a favor. The double action on the older models are better and generally the SA trigger are pretty insane.

The really nice quality classics aren't much more expensive than the new Airweight. Plus they will hold their value better also.

Yep, we were shooting our 642/442's the other day, older ones have better triggers, even the ones a about 5 or so years old with the Hillary Hole!

At 25ft it is easy money to smack clay pigeons! I had the SP101 for carry too, esp. in an ankle holster but dumped it when I bought a stick shift! It felt like an ankle weight.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    How is this possible when comparing the same caliber? *I like the lcr*

Can't really say for sure. But I would have to agree that the LCR has the least amount of felt recoil when comparing it to other light weight snubbies. Maybe it is the polymer frame flexing, maybe the grips. Also the trigger is different then a Smith. A person can "stage" the trigger on an Smith or Taurus, where as on the LCR it is more of a straight and consistent pull.

The only problem with an LCR is that the lack the character of the metal guns. I know, a gun is a tool and the LCR is a good one. But, a snubby is a social gun and should show a little class. Aesthetics aside the LCR is a great choice for a carry revolver.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I bought a s&w bodyguard 38 this winter. It was between that and the LCR-- the smith won out primarily because of my fondness of my model 10.

I've got of practicing to do with that thing because I can't hit the broad side of the barn with it. If anybody has any tips for accurately shooting a snobby, I'd sure like to read them.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I carry a Charter Arms 44 bulldog, or a S&W 638, I just got a Ruger sp101 in .357 will be carrying that pretty soon. Just some of my preferences

Top Bottom