• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madgenius85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    terre haute
    Hey guys im going to my firat gunshow tomorrow. Im just wondering what to expect. Will prices be good or bad or somewhere in ibetwee? Im going there to look for powder,bullets,primers,and cases.

Waynetucky10

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Which show? It all depends as far as price and variety. It's like going to a bunch of garage sales. Everyone is different as far as pricing and what they have to sell. Even if you don't buy anything, it's always fun to just look.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Generally you can expect to pay more for an item at a gun show than you will at your LGS,I have only found a handful of decent deals at shows in the past 5 years.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Like most of them I would expect a few people who forgot to shower, high prices, low selection, and maybe some crappy food if your lucky.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Darral is correct. Lots of smelly people seemingly with IBS and lots of dangerous "knowledge" about firearms. Go have a look, can't hurt, just don't get your hopes up. Most shows have overpriced stuff on the tables. Better deals online or at your LGS.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    You can find some stuff the same price as LGS but most are a little higher. If looking for pistols or rifles, keep an eye out on the smelly people walking around ,you can find some decent deals watch for signs taped to barrels or on peoples backs.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    You can find some stuff the same price as LGS but most are a little higher. If looking for pistols or rifles, keep an eye out on the smelly people walking around ,you can find some decent deals watch for signs taped to barrels or on peoples backs.

This, I have bought more in the parking lot than inside the shows.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    As the others have stated. On rare occasions you will find a great deal, but usually not. Know what you want and how much you will pay. Don't be afraid to haggle on price either.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Thanks guys. Im not looking for guns just reloading supplies. im wanting to find powder at a decent price.

Better find Sherman and the Professor and borrow the way back machine..lol j/k I was at the Nappanee show last week and what powder I looked at was running $25/ lb. and up

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Darral is correct. Lots of smelly people seemingly with IBS and lots of dangerous "knowledge" about firearms. Go have a look, can't hurt, just don't get your hopes up. Most shows have overpriced stuff on the tables. Better deals online or at your LGS.
    :+1:

madgenius85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    terre haute
    So i bought a 250 count box of berrys 9mm 124 grain plated bullets for 26. So i saved a few dollar off the berrys price plus no shipping either so im taking that as a win. I also got cases for 5 dollars for 100 count. all the pistol powder was for magnum rounds.

Top Bottom