• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    While at lunch I took some time to look at the news. I read 2 stories and spent the rest of the time thinking about people.

Here are links to the 2 articles:

1. Police: Boy Beaten By Mom's Boyfriend Dies - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville Man 36 beats girlfriends 3 year old. The child dies at the hospital. Makes me think what the @#$% is wrong with people! I probably shouldn't post on here what that man deserves, but it's not death. He needs to suffer!

2. Man Arrested, Accused Of Breaking Child's Jaw - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville Man 21, punches 3 year old and breaks child's jaw. What the HELL!

I have a 3 year old son. I could NEVER imagine hurting my child. There are so many people out there that would love to have a child but can't. There's something wrong with people. People need to be careful who they leave their child with. I could keep going on but I'll just stop now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm afraid, in large part, it's because we haven't been thinning out the gene pool enough in the last several decades.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    It probably doesnt help that legally our hands are tied to intervene in most cases. There was a time in this county when women and child beaters were not so difficult to deal with. Today, however, it seems that lawyers and our government protect the rights of this kind of scum, all while trampling the rights of the average law abiding citizen.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I totally agree with you all. If I saw a child being mistreated in this manner I would intervene. There's a difference in a child being punished and mistreated. I would like to use a combination of battery acid and salt on these people.
    Sad part is even if these people are convicted their will either just get probation or a short jail sentence. They they will be back on the street around kids. Errrr!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Are these their own children they're beating, or is this the boyfriend beating the g/f's child by another father?

Re what used to be done to these guys, I'm not sure it's true that the system dealt with them at all. Women were intimated, and ashamed to come forward. On the other hand, maybe her family would exercise some self-help and teach the perp a lesson.

I'm not really sure what would happen to family members who thrashed a chronic spouse/child abuser. The "victim", in order to prosecute, would pretty much expose his sordid history. I'm guessing the prosecutor would sh*t-can most cases like that, after a thorough investigation of course.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    While at lunch I took some time to look at the news. I read 2 stories and spent the rest of the time thinking about people.

Here are links to the 2 articles:

1. Police: Boy Beaten By Mom's Boyfriend Dies - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville Man 36 beats girlfriends 3 year old. The child dies at the hospital. Makes me think what the @#$% is wrong with people! I probably shouldn't post on here what that man deserves, but it's not death. He needs to suffer!

2. Man Arrested, Accused Of Breaking Child's Jaw - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville Man 21, punches 3 year old and breaks child's jaw. What the HELL!

I have a 3 year old son. I could NEVER imagine hurting my child. There are so many people out there that would love to have a child but can't. There's something wrong with people. People need to be careful who they leave their child with. I could keep going on but I'll just stop now.

I worked child protection for 3 years a couple of decades ago. The stuff I saw adults do to kids will always haunt me.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    we have been thinning out the wrong end of the gene pool. the good ones serve their country and the bad ones stay home and breed like flies, ie produce maggots.:xmad:

This is an awful broad assumption.

Just because someone doesn't serve their country, doesn't mean they are bad and are going to sit at home and breed like flies.

Some of us, for one reason or another, cannot serve. I.E. severe knee injury when we were younger.

That doesn't make us bad people.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This is an awful broad assumption.

Just because someone doesn't serve their country, doesn't mean they are bad and are going to sit at home and breed like flies.

Some of us, for one reason or another, cannot serve. I.E. severe knee injury when we were younger.

That doesn't make us bad people.
    I do not think that persons statement was directed at you in any way. I think they were talking about all the people who sit on their asses and collect free money.

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    who I was referring to was the ones that contribute nothing to society and expect the same society to afford them sustenance and protection. You don't have to be military/ex-military to be a contributing member, far from it. Those of us who pay taxes and do the day to day drudgery are what keeps the country going. The military is here to see that we have no outside interference, and do a much better job at that then all the other government agencies that are supposedly tasked with keeping us safe. okay, off the soapbox now.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Why does this happen too often?

• Because people have too much empathy for child abusers.
    • Because, apparently, abusers have more rights than victims.
    • Because abusers would rather repeat an offense rather than change.
    • Because repeat offenders are released to offend again.
    • Because Ted Nugent isn't governor of a state, or President.
    • Because the death penalty, even in states where it's used, proceeds too slowly and/or infrequently to be an effective deterrent.

Filed under: "if I knew then what I know now," I'd have been a prosecuting attorney ...and OC'd a 10mm Glock on my hip with "Nugent for President" engraved on the slide.

Really, I'm not a violent person; even as a kid, I avoided fights. People say I'm friendly, considerate, I say thank you and please, etc. But I have very little sympathy for those who abuse and show no remorse or desire to change.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I imagine there is a special initiation for new inmates in prison who break a kid's jaw like there is for child abusers.

Top Bottom