• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Our security are contracted local PD and we have gun lockers for those scenarios 7thStepper. every Er I've worked in is full of gun enthusiast nurses, docs, paramedics, etc. It probably wouldn't be an issue.

Ideally you'd be able to tell medics at the scene and they'd have your family secure it. We don't check pockets unless someone is John doe and we're looking for ID. Funny when we get a pelvic xray and someone has a gun though. Doesn't happen at our community non-trauma center.

Plenty of knives on people and no one cares.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    That is truly amazing! I've heard of the weird stuff people put up their body cavities, but knives? OWWWWW!!!! Personally, mine is clean as a whistle, and will STAY that way! LOL I lost one of my most favorite pair of jeans in that accident, and the only reason they didn't cut my boots off, was that a friend carefully removed them before the other medics arrived. But guns? Knives? Euuuu! In my case my friends were able to tell them what happened, cuz I was unconscious and unable to speak for myself. Course the horseshoe shaped bruise in the middle of my chest was almost a dead giveaway. I had one friend who got knocked out by her horses bit when she was walking her, the goofy filly spooked at a little trickle of water and tried to leap it. Nutty horse! Of course, no one ever said they were intelligent, just beautiful and tons of fun to ride! Baring injuries of course. And most of those were just stupid mistakes on our parts. I had one who was afraid of the letters painted on the road, he leaped over them every time we came to them. And I WAS the ranch Paramedic! Go figure! LOL 7th Stepper

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Leave it locked in the car, unless of course the ambulance is brining me in...in that case they can give it to the ol lady when she shows up.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Raquel-Welch-5.jpg

I got nothin' to add.

I just wanted to have this pic show up in this thread again.

:)

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Dr X checking me out for an exam. The gun /holster is on the top of the pile of clothes.

He asks, "I can't tell from this side of the room, is that a glock 17 or 19"?

He had a ruger in his pocket. 380's are easy to hide is all he said.

He then said cough again.... and went back to his exam......

another time at the hospital getting an mri, the lady running the test knew me from church.

I put the gun on the counter and said is that ok, She asked if I was a cop, I said no. She ran the test and asked what type of holster that was. She said she had a keltec 380 because she can keep it hidden.

I think alot of doc's and others at hospitals are packing but you can't tell....

I know a lot of nurses carry at the local ER's here in town. nuff said. :)

Top Bottom