What to spend a Dick's Sporting Goods gift card on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would never give the anti-gun Dick's a dime of my money!

That said, I received a fity dolla gift card from an acquaintance. I will use it.

Anyone in the know on getting the most bang for my gift buck there? I haven't shopped there in years, but assume they might still have Black Friday sales?

TIA!
    :ingo:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm still wondering about whatever holiday sale they might be doing?

Thinking of something expensive, that I normally would never consider? Couple pairs of $25 wool blend sox?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good thermal base layer shirt. Good socks.
    I may have blown your budget. High quality base layers are not cheap.

4 mountain house meals(backpacking pouch type) 5 if they are on sale?

Thanks sir!

I may do the mountain house meals.

My next question to all is where is the simplest price checking to see if pricing is competitive vs an inflated Dick's/Mall price? Amazon?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks sir!

I may do the mountain house meals.

My next question to all is where is the simplest price checking to see if pricing is competitive vs an inflated Dick's/Mall price? Amazon?

If it is a mountain house dealer(Dicks and most who sell it are)the price is set by mountain house not them. Very little need to compare the price(clearance may be cheaper,but rare). I believe the 2 serving meals are right at $11 now for most with a few being $9(meatless). You might be able to find old stock being sold on Amazon,but it is rarely worth it.

By sale I meant clearance. It does happen when they discontinue a type of meal they allow retailers to lower the price to quickly sale the said product or line of product. I have a few of the mountain house "simple sensations" backpacking meals that were discontinued in 2019. They were actually better than the standard fare. Things like "Italian pepper steak" with real meat. To costly to keep making I suspect.

Last edited:

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Good pair of Boots…Muck, Timberland, Danner, Merrel, Salomon…and wait until they have a $20 off $100 sale. Know your size and order online.

Edit: They actually have $25 off $100 right now.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    If it is a mountain house dealer(Dicks and most who sell it are)the price is set by mountain house not them. Very little need to compare the price(clearance may be cheaper,but rare). I believe the 2 serving meals are right at $11 now for most with a few being $9(meatless). You might be able to find old stock being sold on Amazon,but it is rarely worth it.

By sale I meant clearance. It does happen when they discontinue a type of meal they allow retailers to lower the price to quickly sale the said product or line of product. I have a few of the mountain house "simple sensations" backpacking meals that were discontinued in 2019. They were actually better than the standard fare. Things like "Italian pepper steak" with real meat. To costly to keep making I suspect.
    Walmart out here has mountain house meals, I know what I’ll be eating if we ever get the ingo backpacking trip going!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You laugh, but I was serious. Had I not found my tumbler on clearance at RK, I’d have never spent the money on it. I'd gladly pay full price now if I had to replace it. Use it every day

Top Bottom