What was your first gun that got you hooked on shooting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Marlin Model 60 with the squirrel. Probably just like yours. My grandfather and uncle got it for me and I still have it. They've both passed on now. It's my favorite gun.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Surprising, despite my dislike for the .40 caliber, the first gun I've ever shot that got me into guns was a Glock 22. Of course before that, I was way into Airsoft and that got me into the subject of guns

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Father passed when I was 10, so BIL (Jim), kind of became my surrogate father. He had numerous firearms including the 1911 from WW2, obtained when he was discharged. After my father passed Jim would take me out target shooting in an abandoned dump outside my small town. We used many different firearms from the 45 to 22 rifles, I got my own Crossman Pellet gun when I was 11, then used a Mossberg bolt action rifle borrowed from the local storekeeper, for 2 or 3 summers shooting squirrels. I have owned many firearms since then, way too many to remember, now I collect and keep them but don't shoot near as much as I would like!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    First gun, I still have is a Browning BPS 12g with 26" barrel. Dad & mom got for me when I was 11. I have spent a good deal of time hunting rabbit and pheasant with my dad and brother. Also have spent countless hours shooting trap and sporting clays together. Still my favorite gun. When I was 12 dad introduced us to shooting hand guns. The firat handgun I ever shot was a S&W 517 .22 revolver with 6" barrel, full under lug and wood grips with carved finger grooves. Would love to have one of those now

Johnny0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2017
    NWI
    Must have been 9 or 10 when my dad brought home a Sears & Roebuck 22 cal rifle. That rifle still has the best trigger I have ever shot. Still have that one. As for handguns, I was 15 when my dad came home with a Dan Wesson .357 mag revolver with a 2 1/2 barrel. He didn't keep that around for very long. As some as I was old enough I bought another Dan Wesson, this time with all the barrel lengths.

Dimitrivich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Unknown
    Daisy BB gun.

There wasn't a soda can without an absurd amount of holes in it within the Tri county area.

I fell back in love with shooting later in life with a Inexpensive CZ drake O/U. Now I love shotgunning.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The first one that really grabbed me was a 1911. Before that was a Crossman air rifle and then a Glenfield Marlin 25. The 25 was my first real gun and I still have it, but it was the 1911 that really got me hooked. I don't know if it counts, but I had a cheap, spring action 1911 BB gun when I was a kid that probably started it all. It was mostly a toy though.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The first one that really grabbed me was a 1911. Before that was a Crossman air rifle and then a Glenfield Marlin 25. The 25 was my first real gun and I still have it, but it was the 1911 that really got me hooked. I don't know if it counts, but I had a cheap, spring action 1911 BB gun when I was a kid that probably started it all. It was mostly a toy though.

That 1911 BB gun would be the ubiquitous Marksman, which (useless trivia, but still interesting) is the exact same BB gun that Chevy Chase use to take John Candy under gunpoint to ride rides in the closed Wally World in National Lampoon's Vacation.
    81ZJuKkZJ3L._SL1500_.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I was probably hooked long before I held a firearm from watching westerns and Combat! on TV...first gun that was mine was a .410 bolt action shotgun my dad got me. We went hunting for birds and small game on a regular basis. Of course when we went on family hunts for Pheasant I was more than a little under gunned but I'd still bang away from the center of the line, there were plenty of 12Ga to back me up.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That 1911 BB gun would be the ubiquitous Marksman, which (useless trivia, but still interesting) is the exact same BB gun that Chevy Chase use to take John Candy under gunpoint to ride rides in the closed Wally World in National Lampoon's Vacation.
    81ZJuKkZJ3L._SL1500_.jpg

I've still got one of those...

Top Bottom