• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abmears

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    My granpa gave me Sears Roebuck bolt action .22. I love that gun, it has been great for squirel hunting. It's in rough shape, but I won't get rid of it.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    My first rifle was a Marlin tube fed semiauto I bought 22 years ago but only took it to the range twice and sold it. Yesterday I bought a Ruger 10/22, this one I plan on using alot more and keeping it.
    IMG_6960.jpg

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    My first rifle of my very own was actually a shotgun, I got a brand new Mossberg 500 12 gauge for my 13th birthday, on my 14th birthday I got a Marlin Model 60.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Ithaca model 49. It was given to me, new, by my grand father when I was 5 years old.
    49-1.jpg

Two summers later he bought me a Stevens Savage model 59b 410 tube feed bolt action shotgun.

410-1.jpg

410-2.jpg

Both still in my safe today. I kept both in my room with ammo at the age of 8. Never had any problems or got in any trouble with them either.

lrwatson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    First Rifle

It was a new Weatherby Mark XXII, Italian made, clip fed, not Deluxe. Serial number 15964, stolen in 1975.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    1st rifle Ruger10/22 for Christmas 1966...still in my gun safe.. 2 yrs earlier was my 1st firearm of my own ..that was a JC Higgins bolt action clip fed .410...its in my safe also

spradling24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Well I just got my first rifle for Christmas, a Marlin 336 30-30 NIB. After opening the box and checking it out, found that the lever was getting caught up. I gave the rifle a light oiling to see if it would help out but didn't seem to help. So I decided to return the rifle where my wife had purchased it.

Upon doing an exchange for the last Marlin in stock, the salesmen noticed the trigger was stuck (took five minutes of working it to get it to release). So finally I did an exchange for a Rossi Rio Grande in stainless. I'm very happy with my first rifle. Now I've got gun fever, can't stop looking for more.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    A 1942 Izzy Mosin Nagant. round reciever not a speck of rust on her. all matching numbers. only a week or two after that i got a Remington 700ADL in .308.

love em both! :rockwoot:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Wow

Hadn't thought about it in a while but my first real rifle was a Stevens bolt action single shot that you cocked by hand pulling on the back of the bolt. That and a 3/4" tasco scope and a few boxes of .22 short hollow points accounted for a lot of squirrels from the age of 13 to about 17.
    One of Dad's friends gave me that rifle. He passed from bone cancer a few years later. Both my little brothers used it growing up and we killed a hog or two about every year with it when it got cold enough to butcher.

Wish I could say that I still had it.:(

Top Bottom