What will you do with your $550 million lottery winnings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Live as close to normal as possible. Form a blind trust to stay anonymous. Use it to hire very good legal, financial, & tax lawyers. Use the lawyers to hire everyone else to stay anonymous and as normal as possible although I would buy pieces of land around the country. Buy my own small average plane to pilot myself. Once I have everything established (say around a year later) and slowly transitioned I would start to take care of TRUE friends and family. I would NEVER disclose to anyone that I had acquired a large sum of money. There are plenty of ways to avoid this with the blind trust or trusts.
    Keep life "normal" but nothing would ever really be normal when you can purchase basically anything you want. I think it would be important to force moderation on yourself. Ive never had any desire to be famous or well known. The ONLY way you will avoid this is if you tell no one.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Live as close to normal as possible. Form a blind trust to stay anonymous. Use it to hire very good legal, financial, & tax lawyers. Use the lawyers to hire everyone else to stay anonymous and as normal as possible although I would buy pieces of land around the country. Buy my own small average plane to pilot myself. Once I have everything established (say around a year later) and slowly transitioned I would start to take care of TRUE friends and family. I would NEVER disclose to anyone that I had acquired a large sum of money. There are plenty of ways to avoid this with the blind trust or trusts.
    Then, Take care of my true friends and family. Keep life normal. Ive never had any desire to be famous or well known. The ONLY way you will avoid this is if you tell no one.
    Yes, I would most definitely share the wealth.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One of the first things I'd do, of course, would be to set up several trusts under several different lawyers. One of the trusts, through the law firm, would claim the prize. Thankfully, here in Indiana, one can still claim anonymously.

And then there'd be accountants and investment people for the $, too. It almost goes without saying that I'd do everything legally possible to keep the .gov from getting 1 cent more than they should. I'd also have those same folks protect that $ from ME. Because I'd have a tendency to be stupid with it. Real stupid. Like I'd for sure need to be on an allowance.

The above would include hefty charitable donations. I also think that establishing some child-care facilities in certain areas would be an awesome thing to do.

I want a modest house on a huge parcel of land. I don't want the house to be seen from the road/s. Probably a ranch house. I'd go for a 2 story. But I want a MASSIVE basement. The separate garage/shop/out building would be huge. Plenty of room to store and do light maintenance on MANY vehicles. Lots of storage lifts. And then I'd collect vehicles. Hello, Unimog!

I'd also seek out driving training / schools. If I'm gonna have high performance vehicles, I want to learn how to be a high performance driver.

And we'd definitely travel.

I'd buy my folks' for-sale business, fulfill all contracts/payments, then shutter it. Pay all the employees a year's worth of their average salary. Have the site cleaned up and restored.

Lots of hopes and dreams!

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I would start a bank and an insurance company for gun owners and suppliers and then flipoff the big consolidated SWJ, virtue signaling, money grubbing corporations. How 'bout that?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Oh, and hire a maid. Maybe a cook, too.

9b490207-94f4-4c3a-b1aa-bfa6adc61be4_1.c0887ed7d63fca386f16d4e34d360299.jpeg

8768d44d-abfb-4305-9e4b-cdf911ae610c_1.524b9d9ef3917eb72c4eb104be363bf1.jpeg

:rockwoot:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Summer home in Wyoming or Montana, winter home in the middle keys. Used 44 foot O'Day from back in the days of true craftsmen. Live out my days with zero stress

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Pay off all of my debt, put away 20 million. Use as much as needed from the rest of it to get my children at my house full time. When I succeed at that, enroll in school. Get my nursing degree and move my family to a place with better weather, better fishing, and work 3 days a week. Invest the rest wisely.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I'd stick $5mm in the retirement accounts, tell my wife to quit her job, and I'd still work the rest of 2019.

Remodel my run down house.

Then on January 1st 2020 I'd go buy a new 4Runner with cash, toss the wife and dogs in it, and go drive around the West for as long as it takes to see it all.

I know that leaves a LOT of money left over, and I'd probably give it away. Mo money, mo problems.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I'd look into opening up a LGS with inside and outside ranges, even perhaps a 600 yard underground range for year round use. Having a retail store would open the door for a full auto FFL so I could have access to brand new FA toys rather than being limited to "transferable" firearms. And no waiting 6 months for someone to tell me I was allowed to add something to my toy box. I haven't decided if I would then purchase a set (why change calibers?) of motorized Dillon 1050 presses (Mark 7? Camdex?), or if I would just purchase ammo by the 55 gallon barrel. Heck, with $250M available... maybe both! :rockwoot:

The other stuff is pretty standard... multiple residences in multiple states, most isolated from any neighbors. Motorhome w/ built in garage. New vehicles. Pay off all remaining student loans for my siblings and their kids. I'd look into whether that 45 mi^2 ranch in KS that was for sale several years ago could be purchased from the new owners. Then make sure that everything was in a trust that would ensure it would be viable through great grandkids, while still making them learn to work for what they have.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yes to anonymizing as much as possible. Lawyer, trust, whatever the right answer is there.

Make sure I have arrangements to take better care of me and mine, including my sis and my pets, when we're older.

Buy INGO and ban... (I'm amazed no one else has brought that up yet).

p.s. Buy a motor coach limo outfitted as my front room, complete with sofa and TV, and hire a team of drivers. I am so tired of driving.

Top Bottom