What Would Be Your Reaction If Extraterestial Life Was Discovered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I kinda think that if we can be peaceful, there's no reason to believe that they cannot. It's equally inaccurate to assume that because they could destroy us that they would, as it would be that because they could be peaceful, that they would be. Social evolution takes groups through different modes of survival. If the key to their species reproductive propagation was advantaged by them being peaceful, then that's what would drive their behavior. If aggressive then that.

But, if they were hostile, I think they would want to exploit the planet, not destroy it. I think it's a coin toss whether peaceful or aggressive. Kinda like scaled tribes. Some were peaceful some were aggressive. But I think sometimes we like to think that we're above all that like Star Trek and the Prime Objective ********.

Anything we have here on earth is abundant elsewhere in the universe for far less hassle.
    Except for life, which if they are "life" then that's not a big deal.

Cultural exchange would likely be the most monetarily valuable thing if they're interested in a resource we have. I could literally imagine a situation where the thing they might most be interested in is religious stories, art, and music.

Assuming peaceful aliens, of course.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Educated guess like anything along evolution lines.
    Educated guesses are worse than a WAG.

I watch the archeologists on documentaries stating as fact what long gone cultures believed and did. Then I mull over what those same idiots would say if they unearthed the homes of various real world people I have known and been in their homes.

The woman with an entire family room lined with parrot cages, around a dozen. I can see the show now, in this culture worship of the bird was common and many very wealthy had as many birds as they can afford in their homes. Bull sheet, the archeologists have no idea on much of the BS they spout, but sure sound authoritative...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What is funny is that most people have seen the videos of unidentified flying things and already know everything that they are saying. Many have known about this stuff ever since the "foo fighters" in WWII. But it is a big deal when they say it - why is that? Are we so used to them lying to us that a little tiny bit of truth is amazing?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What is funny is that most people have seen the videos of unidentified flying things and already know everything that they are saying. Many have known about this stuff ever since the "foo fighters" in WWII. But it is a big deal when they say it - why is that? Are we so used to them lying to us that a little tiny bit of truth is amazing?
    I always figured they were some advanced secret military flying aircraft. Back in the 1950's for the Korean War they developed a flying saucer/platform to bring supplies to hard to get places. It didn't catch on. However, why couldn't they have advanced technology now days for faster, stealth applications now? I was at Fort Eustis they have a transportation museum there and that flying saucer is there on display. My parents came to visit me while there and wanted to go see it.

Here is the flying platform
    1623301194812.png

This is an actual flying saucer

Part of a Cold War-era experimental flying saucer known as the Avrocar will be on display at the U.S. Army Transportation Museum

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have seen somewhat similar things too. The Germans were working on a flying saucer during WWII as well. They are all basically propeller driven and none of them achieved any significant performance at all.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    …But I think sometimes we like to think that we're above all that like Star Trek and the Prime DIRECTIVE ********.

FIFY

Oh, and this:

“There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!” (Kay, Men in Black)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have seen somewhat similar things too. The Germans were working on a flying saucer during WWII as well. They are all basically propeller driven and none of them achieved any significant performance at all.
    Behind closed doors and billions of black ops money might be going to build advanced air/space craft. I believe I read the saucer pattern cuts through the atmosphere and the air easier. If they have some working with modern technology I bet they would be fast and hard to spot unless they flew beside or close enough so the eye could catch it. Still what's with all this 1950's looking surveillance camera footage in 2021? Let's get a clear view if they are not top secret military craft. Makes me wonder if they edit the footage to blur it so it isn't recognizable. Got to keep them secrets a secret.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The narrative for the masses has been stage managed for decades.
    This current change in presentation is being crafted as well.
    The fun part is asking why. Fun and a huge personal challenge if you have the attention span, the discernment and the testicular fortitude. Putting aside cherished myths aint easy. And there's been so much conflicting disinformation to wade through because it is designed to try anyone's patience as well as provide the individual with whatever feels comfortable. Now though, now the game is changing a bit.

There's a technique in controlling what people believe, a means of gaining uniformity where bewilderment is generated in the minds of the target audience followed by the revealing of the new truth to be standardized. The natural response is to latch onto the first island of emotional safety in the sea of confusion. I'm thinking that yeah, maybe that's where we're being taken.

So any how, it's gonna be fun to watch, especially if they land in DC and say "Take us to your leader."
    :woot:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m still skeptical of former Democrat presidents now talking about this. They were lying ********ers before they were president, during, and so what makes their word trustworthy now? It’s not just former presidents. Why are there so many people saying it now?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom