What Would Be Your Reaction If Extraterestial Life Was Discovered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Space Force will change everything! :patriot:

8HbxHLw.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'd be wondering how they'd taste with some BBQ sauce.
    Of course they might be thinking the same thing of us. :rolleyes:

I suppose it all comes down to how their females look....... and how many boobs they got.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Isn't going to happen. People have had access to good cameras on phones for years but the great evidence of ET still escapes us like Bigfoot. They were never here and they never will be.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Maybe someone already said it, but if it's green and looks like Zoe Saldana, I'm gonna have some very confusing thoughts...

It may be statistically improbable for there not to be an INGO member that is not an alien.
    We already have our answer, he posts mostly in the NWI INGO General thread and likes the color pink.

Twinsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Let us consider some religious text that comes from the religion of one John Browning and his son John Moses Browning on this issue. The religion is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. The text comes from the Pearl of Great Price, book of Moses.

Some context... God is talking to Moses.

"And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten" (Moses 1:33).
    "For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them" (Moses 1:35).
    "And as one earth shall pass away, and the heavens thereof even so shall another come; and there is no end to my works, neither to my words" (Moses 1:38).
    For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. (Moses 1:39).

So in short, God is not the God of just one planet.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well hello, Dali!

Why do I find that Lhamo Thondup and Chauncey the gardener had similar career trajectories?

A whole thread about what we don't know, but assume has to exist in the universe....and we KNOW with absolute certainty that nothing made it. Sounds like a position, not a conclusion.
    No, no, it's cool because we labeled it "Science" as opposed to "faith"...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Getting to this thread late.
    giphy.gif

A whole thread about what we don't know, but assume has to exist in the universe....and we KNOW with absolute certainty that nothing made it. Sounds like a position, not a conclusion.

My conclusion is, I don't know. I wasn't there when everything came into being. To assume something made it is no better assumption than assuming nothing made it. That's why I'm an agnostic. As far as extraterrestrials, I guess it would be better know they exist before I say I don't know if something did or did not make them.

For the same reason, I don't really need to ponder the question asked by this thread either. I don't usually go around asking what I'd do in some random circumstance that's as unlikely to happen as this. None of us have ever seen an extraterrestrial that we know of. There's no reason it's something I would need to know how to react to.

Oh. And if there is one of us who has ever seen one, probably shouldn't be posting that in a publicly available online forum when there are red-flag laws being considered.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Getting to this thread late.

My conclusion is, I don't know. I wasn't there when everything came into being. To assume something made it is no better assumption than assuming nothing made it. That's why I'm an agnostic...

That I understand and respect (though to be all sciency, I would dearly love to see some observational examples in other arenas where something springs spontaneously from nothing...but I digress).

...and really, I don't want to debate one versus the other...I just think its, me being gentle....a stretch to state that we know with certainty that there is an absence of intelligent design in a thread where so many people are assuming the existence of extraterrestrial life without any evidence...simply based upon "there has to be". If you want to say: "hey, I don't know" or "it hasn't been proven to my satisfaction", I totally get that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That I understand and respect (though to be all sciency, I would dearly love to see some observational examples in other arenas where something springs spontaneously from nothing...but I digress).

...and really, I don't want to debate one versus the other...I just think its, me being gentle....a stretch to state that we know with certainty that there is an absence of intelligent design in a thread where so many people are assuming the existence of extraterrestrial life without any evidence...simply based upon "there has to be". If you want to say: "hey, I don't know" or "it hasn't been proven to my satisfaction", I totally get that.

This is exactly the same logical case as the other one. It is no better assumption that there has to be extraterrestrial life than it is to assume that there isn't. But it's fine/normal for one to have his suspicions either way. My suspicion is that there's no intelligent designer. That's just how I read the circumstances of everything. That, to me answers more questions than it raises. My suspicion is also that in a universe of this size where our planet is less than a speck, there may be other specs out there. But as vast as the universe is, it's also my suspicion that we'd ever meet them face to face anyway.

Top Bottom