What would happen if denied....21st Century?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Perhaps the guys at 21st Century could tellus what their SOP is if the following were to occur.

What would happen if I came in to your store, purchased a gun or two covered by NFA, paid for them and the NFA paperwork, and was DENIED by the gov't to own these weapons. What now?

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Hmmmm. This was simply a question I thought of before ordering a suppressor. The lack of response is telling me that there is something of concern here. IF it is simply a 10% restock like mentioned above that would be understandable but the silence here is deafening.

Last edited:

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    You will get your $200 transfer back from NFA, eventually. I've read online it takes almost a year for a refund.

As far as 21st Century goes, I would call the shop and ask to speak to Jan, Jahred or Dave and ask what the policy is.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Hmmmm. This was simply a question I thought of before ordering a suppressor. The lack of response is telling me that there is a dirty secret here. IF it is simply a 10% restock like mentioned above that would be understandable but the silence here is deafening.

Well I am a little confused, first you only address 21st Century with your question because they are "the only class 3 dealer I buy from" and now I check back and you accuse other NFA dealers of holding "dirty little secrets".

Anyway, I have no dirty little secrets, I have just never had to deal with the issue, so......SSNFA's Policy is:

#1- If you are denied it is because you lied on your Form 4 questions and you knew you were a prohibited person, thus you committed a felony from the get go.

#2- If the can was a special order and not something I normally stock I will sell it for you at normal commission and refund your money after it sells minus the commission.

#3- If it is something I stock I will refund your money less a $75.00 fee (which is the same as my transfer fee) since I did the same amount of paperwork as a transfer. Even though it was all for nothing.

I am pretty comfortable saying the the Beech Grove Firearms policy is pretty close to this same thing if not more strict.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    My dirty secret is not that dirty and really not a secret. We have this thing called a 5 year sale coming up on Saturday and we are extremely busy with it. Evidently it has pissed some dealers off in the Fort Wayne area. Anyways, we will post our policy in the future, just simply too busy right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    hang tough, britton

My dirty secret is not that dirty and really not a secret. We have this thing called a 5 year sale coming up on Saturday and we are extremely busy with it. Evidently it has pissed some dealers off in the Fort Wayne area. Anyways, we will post our policy in the future, just simply to busy right now.

Noli illigitum carborundum.

I'm not sure I can make the trip but I may be on my way back from Chicago the way my luck is running today. Waiting on an alternator for my truck.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Well I am a little confused, first you only address 21st Century with your question because they are "the only class 3 dealer I buy from" and now I check back and you accuse other NFA dealers of holding "dirty little secrets".

Anyway, I have no dirty little secrets, I have just never had to deal with the issue, so......SSNFA's Policy is:

#1- If you are denied it is because you lied on your Form 4 questions and you knew you were a prohibited person, thus you committed a felony from the get go.

#2- If the can was a special order and not something I normally stock I will sell it for you at normal commission and refund your money after it sells minus the commission.

#3- If it is something I stock I will refund your money less a $75.00 fee (which is the same as my transfer fee) since I did the same amount of paperwork as a transfer. Even though it was all for nothing.

I am pretty comfortable saying the the Beech Grove Firearms policy is pretty close to this same thing if not more strict.
    Don't be so sensitive. You're policy sounds quite reasonable and it is, after all, the first definitive response I have heard. I thought this was something I could get a quick answer on and when none was forthcoming I started wondering why. That is all.

If I am going to order a can or SBR or whatever I just want to know what my exposures are. I heard a nightmare scenario recently where the buyer is taking a pretty severe drubbing on restocking charges and just wanted to make sure when I order I do not get myself into a similar jackpot.

I do have one more question though. In reference to point #1, are you saying that everyone who applies will be approved regardless of reason as long as he/she is not a felon or otherwise prohibited person?

Last edited:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    My dirty secret is not that dirty and really not a secret. We have this thing called a 5 year sale coming up on Saturday and we are extremely busy with it. Evidently it has pissed some dealers off in the Fort Wayne area. Anyways, we will post our policy in the future, just simply to busy right now.
    What has pissed off dealers in fort wayne? I am confused.

Top Bottom