What would happen if denied....21st Century?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I do have one more question though. In reference to point #1, are you saying that everyone who applies will be approved regardless of reason as long as he/she is not a felon or otherwise prohibited person?

Typically if you can be approved for a handgun or rifle than there isn't any reason to be denied an NFA item.

What do you mean by " regardless of reason " You either are or arn't approved? Reason is up to ones history to answer.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm guessing its the deals he's offering. They probably can't or don't want to match him. Besides he'll take away their sales in doing so when they all head south.

Well it's only a 1 day sale from what I read so I don't see why other dealers should be pissed. :rolleyes:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Typically if you can be approved for a handgun or rifle than there isn't any reason to be denied an NFA item.

What do you mean by " regardless of reason " You either are or arn't approved? Reason is up to ones history to answer.
    I have not filled out the paperwork yet so I was not sure if they ask for a REASON why you want to own a suppressor, SBR, etc. That's all I meant.

I understand somewhat of a restock fee, I just want to know what it would be IF something were to happen to my NFA request. I am clean as the wind driven snow so I KNOW there would be no problem, I just like to be prepared for any eventuality.:)

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    My dirty secret is not that dirty and really not a secret. We have this thing called a 5 year sale coming up on Saturday and we are extremely busy with it. Evidently it has pissed some dealers off in the Fort Wayne area. Anyways, we will post our policy in the future, just simply to busy right now.
    Sorry, gotta call you on this one. What are you talking about? My question has NOTHING to do with any dealers in Fort Wayne. You really are overestimating your powers to affect the local market. As for being so busy you can't respond; how come you had the time to respond to this thread, ignore the question, advertise your sale, but you are too busy to spell out your policy? :dunno:

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    As for being so busy you can't respond; how come you had the time to respond to this thread, ignore the question, advertise your sale, but you are too busy to spell out your policy? :dunno:

Exactly, now you got it!

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    This post was an obvious pea on Britton post from the start

21st Century are good guys, honest guys, the place I bought my first machine gun and the place that kindled my interest in NFA.

If you or a friend have a beef with Dave or 21st Century then fight your own battles, don't bring it to INGO.

My :twocents: are aired, I'm done with this one.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    This post was an obvious pea on Britton post from the start

21st Century are good guys, honest guys, the place I bought my first machine gun and the place that kindled my interest in NFA.

If you or a friend have a beef with Dave or 21st Century then fight your own battles, don't bring it to INGO.

My :twocents: are aired, I'm done with this one.
    I asked a simple, genuine question as a result of things I have heard that concerned me, considering I am about to get into a couple of NFA items. I asked simple questions and have received one helpful post but the rest is nothing but dodges. This concerns me. All I can say about this thread is that I am now better educated on where I will and will not buy.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    I asked a simple, genuine question as a result of things I have heard that concerned me, considering I am about to get into a couple of NFA items. I asked simple questions and have received one helpful post but the rest is nothing but dodges. This concerns me. All I can say about this thread is that I am now better educated on where I will and will not buy.

Your transparent as rice paper, and your trying to stir **** but no one wants to play with you.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    It is simple, If you doubt the credibility and honesty of a buisness(21 Century), that hundreds of people here has done buisness with, then don't buy from them. All the transactions I have done with them have been great and I cannot see some plot they have to take your money. Those guys are good people, a great buisness, and from my OWN experience, will go out of their way to help their customer. Just my 2 cents.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I am asking because you are the only class 3 dealer I buy from.

considering I am about to get into a couple of NFA items.

These two statements confuse me. First you state that 21st Century is the only class 3 dealer that you buy from, which to me, indicates you have already purchased NFA items from 21st Century, and then you state that you are considering getting into NFA items. :dunno:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    These two statements confuse me. First you state that 21st Century is the only class 3 dealer that you buy from, which to me, indicates you have already purchased NFA items from 21st Century, and then you state that you are considering getting into NFA items. :dunno:

He has a beef, and this is an obvious troll post.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I have bought guns and ammo from 21st Century and they are a class III dealer BUT I have not bought a class III item from them.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    He has a beef, and this is an obvious troll post.
    So Sailor, this is a troll post when all I did was ask the question?

"What is the typical policy on NFA failed orders".

I asked 21st Century because I BUY from them and they are the ONLY NFA dealer I personally know. I also asked 21st because I thought I could get a quick answer since 21st people are on here ALL THE TIME. That is it. Ask them, I have no beef because I have never bought a NFA from them so how could I have a "beef"?

Having said all that, I would guess that there is something going on with 21st's policy right now because everyone is so touchy on the subject. I am done with this thread and I know where I will not shop. Thanks for clearing that up for me. You have a nice day!:)

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    So Sailor, this is a troll post when all I did was ask the question?

"What is the typical policy on NFA failed orders".

I asked 21st Century because I BUY from them and they are the ONLY NFA dealer I personally know. I also asked 21st because I thought I could get a quick answer since 21st people are on here ALL THE TIME. That is it. Ask them, I have no beef because I have never bought a NFA from them so how could I have a "beef"?

Having said all that, I would guess that there is something going on with 21st's policy right now because everyone is so touchy on the subject. I am done with this thread and I know where I will not shop. Thanks for clearing that up for me. You have a nice day!:)

Yeah, it's a troll post. You know how I know?

a) Timing. Right when they are putting together their 5 year sale you post this dribble on the net, especially expanding to talk about market power and such?

b) You haven't yet gone to talk to them about purchasing any NFA stuff.

c) This is a question you ask when you are looking at stuff to buy, not posting on the Interwebz for a policy statement.

d) If you asked me this question I would ask why you think you would be turned down and might be very leery about completing a transaction with you to the point I might dig a little deeper and invite you to shop elsewhere.

Felons, nutbags and trolls are bad business in a gun shop.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    If he really wanted the quickest response he would have called me or stopped in the shop or posted this question in our sub-forum or emailed me personally.

Top Bottom