• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onalandline

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Land of the Free!
    Follow the car, while calling the police. I would stay with the car until police pulled it over to verify the situation. I would not want to hear about a bad ending in the news, and know that I did nothing about it. I also have a daughter, and I would be ever grateful to someone watching out for her.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    That is an amazing story! Your definately a model citizen!!! 2.5 years, just enough time for him to still get out full of rage... Good job justice!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    This dosen't make me a hero. I just could not let that child be harmed anymore than I could have lived with myself if I turned a deaf ear and walked away!

I disagree with you whole heartedly. You are a hero to that little girl and her family. If that were my daughter, you would absolutely be my hero.

Good work man! What a great story in support of 2A to boot.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    And to think there are those that think calling the police fulfills their obligation.

Tonights story, 10 year old girl was abducted, raped and murdered. Witness to abduction says they called police........

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    I suppose the kid could have been playing and said you are not my daddy.I would have tried to stop them as well but if I were wrong it would have been like My neighbor freshly home from iraq witnessed a lady jerking her kid out of the cart at walmart by the arm. He interviened. Cops came took his weapon which was concealed and arested him.THis was 9 mos ago and he still has no weapon.The story was true and the lady was abusing her kid but he had deaper issues.He is now in anger managment class and says he will get his gun back eventually. He never touched the lady.What would you have done?

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I suppose the kid could have been playing and said you are not my daddy.I would have tried to stop them as well but if I were wrong it would have been like My neighbor freshly home from iraq witnessed a lady jerking her kid out of the cart at walmart by the arm. He interviened. Cops came took his weapon which was concealed and arested him.THis was 9 mos ago and he still has no weapon.The story was true and the lady was abusing her kid but he had deaper issues.He is now in anger managment class and says he will get his gun back eventually. He never touched the lady.What would you have done?

Abuse? Were there bruises? Broken bones? Burns? Or were the kids feelings just hurt?

I've spanked my kids when they deserve it & absolutely needed it - sometimes in public if they were really getting out of hand. Some would call that abuse. Some would call that effective parenting.

You can't reason with a 4 year old. Sometimes you can't even reason with a teenager. Sometimes fear of punishment will ensure their safety before they know what they are doing is unsafe or why. I would much rather have my kid think "if I go into the street I'll get a spanking" as opposed to finding them dead after being hit by a car.

Watching a lady "disciplining" her kid is a far cry from watching a person possibly abduct one. Unless she truly was beating up her kid, that's not my business & I wouldn't get involved. Even if I thought she might have crossed the line into abuse, unless it was a matter of life & death, I still wouldn't directly intervene. I'd call the cops at that point.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Nice job grizman....it is comforting to know that society still has some stand up people that can TCB when needed. By the way....what is the kidnappers name?

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    Yeah, Let the name be told...... 2.5 years for what would have surely been a nightmare to last a lifetime for that little girl. Let him take personal responsibility for the rest of his life. It's a matter of public record anyway...you telling the name saves us the trouble of looking through the records.....and might send a message to others.....we're watching!

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Tony Orcutt AKA Tiny. He was killed by the police a few years after his release while holding his own children hostage. Lot of good 2.5 did him! He was threatening to kill his own kids when killed.

The young one is now 21 and has a beautiful little girl of her own. I do not have permission to us names so I'll call mom K and new daughter S.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My hat is off to you. :yesway: Sounds like you did almost everything right, and it all worked out for the best (minus the scumbag getting a 2.5 yr plea agreement).
    While I don't know I would have stepped directly in front of the car (I'm not judging- I wasn't there to see the layout.), additional commendation is in order for thinking of the little girl's well being and having her get down and move to safety. Many people in similar circumstances get tunnel vision and lose sight of everything but the perp. Well done.

The first officer on scene approached weapon drawn at low ready and told me to holster my weapon. I responded "I will comply only after he is out of the car and cuffed."

This is the ONLY thing in your story that bothered me from an LEO perspective.
    When an LEO shows up on a scene, especially one with weapons involved, it is their scene. If I tell you to drop/lower/holster a weapon, it is not a negotiation. We often don't have a clear picture of a scene based on the information we are dispatched with. YOU may know you're the good guy, but the responding officer may not- yet. That is what we are there for; to assess, respond to, and control a situation.
    It sounds like you handled the situation well, but just be aware that what you described could have gone down very differently depending on the responding officer.
    Again, I wasn't there. And I'm not knocking the way you handled the situation. I just wanted to point out the one thing that bothered me about the situation and give my perspective for your (and others') consideration. :twocents:
    That said, well done. :patriot:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The first officer on scene approached weapon drawn at low ready and told me to holster my weapon. I responded "I will comply only after he is out of the car and cuffed." .
    Good story, glad you were there. With that said, I feel you were flat out wrong here. Once the responding officer is there and requests you holster your weapon, you do it. I was a police officer many years ago and there is NO WAY I would step in the line of fire of a civilian I did not know if it was not absolutely necessary.

Again, glad it worked out and that you had the nerve to step up!

Last edited:

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    My hat is off to you. :yesway: Sounds like you did almost everything right, and it all worked out for the best (minus the scumbag getting a 2.5 yr plea agreement).
    While I don't know I would have stepped directly in front of the car (I'm not judging- I wasn't there to see the layout.), additional commendation is in order for thinking of the little girl's well being and having her get down and move to safety. Many people in similar circumstances get tunnel vision and lose sight of everything but the perp. Well done.

This is the ONLY thing in your story that bothered me from an LEO perspective.
    When an LEO shows up on a scene, especially one with weapons involved, it is their scene. If I tell you to drop/lower/holster a weapon, it is not a negotiation. We often don't have a clear picture of a scene based on the information we are dispatched with. YOU may know you're the good guy, but the responding officer may not- yet. That is what we are there for; to assess, respond to, and control a situation.
    It sounds like you handled the situation well, but just be aware that what you described could have gone down very differently depending on the responding officer.
    Again, I wasn't there. And I'm not knocking the way you handled the situation. I just wanted to point out the one thing that bothered me about the situation and give my perspective for your (and others') consideration. :twocents:
    That said, well done. :patriot:

Good story, glad you were there. With that said, I feel you were flat out wrong here. Once the responding officer is there and requests you holster your weapon, you do it. I was a police officer many years ago and there is NO WAY I would step in the line of fire of a civilian I did not know if it was not absolutely necessary.

Again, glad it worked out and that you had the nerve to step up!

At no time was the LEO in the line of fire and he could see that. The LEO opened the door, my aim was center of the BG's forehead, took him by the left arm in a wrist lock and pulled him from the car to the ground. At the point he had physical control I went to low ready, safety on stance, and was already holstering when he turned to tell me to holster once he cuffed the BG. I was backing him up in case the SB tried something.

In my 20+ years as a US Arny Ranger I would almost bet I covered more hostiles while being "secured" than most career LEO's, a lot of what I did was to "acquire" persons of interest for interrogation by the alphabet agencies. I am not untrained or unaware of the tactics involved in the capture of a BG. I was trained for this by the same instructors that teach the FBI HRT teams. To this day I attend bi annual qualification courses with the local ERT(SWAT) team members not in any official capacity, they are all buddies I have known for most of my life. They invite me so I can stay sharp and to see if they can out shoot me. LOL Hasn't happened yet! I go practice with them when schedules allow.

I take no offense to your concerns/comments. The responding officer must have sensed I was not a threat to him. Maybe it was my calm demeanor in a very high stress situation that spoke to him. I will ask him why he trusted me that day.

I did not see the BG remove the keys from the IGN only toss keys out. As for my taking a position that put myself in harms way, it was the only position available to me that removed the girl from the line of possible fire, it also provided the concrete wall of the building as a backstop in case I was forced to fire and the round exited the car. If the SB/BG had in fact tossed a extra set of keys out he would not have had the chance to put the car in gear after he cranked the engine! I would have failure drilled him instantly. Wouldn't have been the first time I terminated a human life up close, not that I want to be forced to that point again. I will, if it's absolutely necessary, without hesitation. I had already put myself in harms way when I decided he was not going to get the chance to harm that child any further. The only way he was getting away with her was over my corpse! I am not crazy or wish to go out in a blaze of glory, I have very strong moral convictions about people abusing/hurting women and children. The men of my family have always answered the call to fight for the safety of this nation and its people. That commitment always continued after the military when it had to be done. Yes I have several active LEO family members and several retired as well. In my family tradition one is not a man if he turns a deaf ear to a cry for help.
    I AM A THROW BACK to a different America, some of you remember, the America that cared about others! The America that being American was a source of great pride! The America where the majority of people looked out for each other!

Not bragging or BSing just attempting to better explain the order of events and clarify the tactic's employed by me in relation to the LEO and John Q Public.

Last edited:

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    good idea on the tire i was thinking somewhere along those linesss. somewhat anyways then call the police

Top Bottom