• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    College and houses for all the nieces, nephews, and anyone else I feel worthy. Quit my job, turn over the farm to my son. (I'll still help with harvest, in between traveling) Buy up every acre of land that I can. Hire Seal Team for security? Buy up every run down house and building in the little town I grew up near, and restore them. Start some small business' there, to hopefully breathe some life back into the place. Build several secure, off grid retreats, in various isolated locations.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I like that last one.... but we'd need at least 3... one warm weather, one cold weather and one "fun" retreat. I'm thinking one in SW colorado, one in Montana and one on Grand Cayman.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Further:

Sever charities and charitable organizations would get money. Don't know if 1-time gifts would work well or set up trusts so that all interest goes to the charity. Interest rates right now are horrible - so who knows how that'd work out.

I said above that I'd quit my job - but that doesn't mean that I'd quit working. I'd find something to do to stay busy.

I'd also hire/retain a personal trainer, a nutritionist, and a meal planner.

Fun to dream...fun to dream.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I like that last one.... but we'd need at least 3... one warm weather, one cold weather and one "fun" retreat. I'm thinking one in SW colorado, one in Montana and one on Grand Cayman.

Not that you couldn't buy with $200+mil... but it's generally a MUCH better deal to rent/lease for the time period you want to be there rather than to own all year. Maintenance + upkeep eats away at the budget VERY quickly.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Call my accountant, and have him set up a team to get the estate set up. Pay off my family's debts, set up trusts for each of my nieces and nephews, my future children, etc. I would also set up endowments for some charities of my and my families choosing.

While all the legal mumbo-jumbo is completed, finish off my current projects at work, and notify my clients that I will no longer be working.

I would buy this, and set up a compound where my family and friends would each have quite a bit of land and a home of their choosing, if they desire.

I would pay them, if they chose to do so, to work on the land. I would also have cattle, so I could enjoy the freshest steaks and have a revenue stream.

I would also set up this land for upscale guided hunting and fishing trips, with a management plan in place, which would also be a source of revenue.

While the homestead was being built, I would rent a jet and travel with my family and friends.

Of course I would have a lot of toys, and an underground bunker to house my gun collection.

After all that, I'm assuming I'd still have ~$100M or so, so I would look into buying other large tracts of land, starting a new business(s), invest in gold bars, donating, etc.

Oh yea, I forgot, I would be the first (I think) to pay the $5,000/year membership to INGO, maybe more...I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Set up a trust for the kid(s), a little something for close family, $2.5 mill each for me and the wife to go crazy with, some charitable donations made anonymously, and put the rest in the bank. If you figure on $280 million left over, at 5% simple interest that's $14 mill a year. I'd have it set up for monthly interest checks and not even touch the principle.

Oh, and a private sale day for myself and the wife at Bradis.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Set up a trust for the kid(s), a little something for close family, $2.5 mill each for me and the wife to go crazy with, some charitable donations made anonymously, and put the rest in the bank. If you figure on $280 million left over, at 5% simple interest that's $14 mill a year. I'd have it set up for monthly interest checks and not even touch the principle.

Oh, and a private sale day for myself and the wife at Bradis.

Let us know where you can expect 5% interest!!!

-J-

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    My dad and I were just talking about this... Weve both bought a couple tickets.

Honestly, I would buy a new truck, my wife a new SUV/Van of her choice. Change my identity, and that of my family. New home somewhere nice. Nothing extreme...

As far as family, my mom would have a credit card with a no holds barred "If you want it, buy it" policy. She is amazing, and something like this would be just the beginning of repaying her for being such a blessing! Of course she gets a new car (whatever she wants, likely a smaller car)..

The rest of my family would have secured trusts, living off interest from investments. All current debts would be paid off.

I got a friend that would get an annonymous gift of owning his home, as well as a nice vacation for him and his wife, then another for them and their 4 kids.

I want a few hundred acres, some wooded, some grass, etc... A nice home with state of the art technology (wind turbine and solar power, etc...)

And for the sake of everything holy I would go buy a grocery store as my family swears there is NEVER ANYTHING TO EAT IN THIS HOUSE!

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I have my acceptance speech all ready for when I win.

The reporters will ask, "What are you going to do with all this money?"

I'll lean in close to the mike and say, "Any. Damn. Thing. I. Want. To."

Top Bottom