• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I'm looking at one that's been home converted, but still needs the grip moved forward. It's in good shape and well took care of.
    I has the full rail system and angle handle, a 12 and 6 round clip and all the orginal funiture.
    Sorry I don't have pictures, but from what I've decribe, what should I give for this?

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Well what do you mean by converted then. My understanding is that is what the conversion is, moving the grip forward. Unless your talking about one of the tapco stocks that doesn't require a conversion. Saiga will be about 600, rail 120, mag 30. Would shoot for under 800 non coverted or with the tapco stock.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    The stock looks like an AR skeleton stock. Everything is done, but the grip. I've price the grip conversion around 45 dollars, but from what I've read the grip is the biggest/hardest part of the conversion.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    bullet -
    It would help a lot if we could see it. Moving the grip forward also means changing out the fire control group. The simplest way to do this is with a kit from Carolina Shooters Supply. This typically involves stripping the gun down a ways and refinishing parts of the receiver since some parts change location and some primered areas are uncovered as a result. Go to carolinashooterssupply for videos that show you the whole process.
    carolinashooterssupply.com Videos and Links

You say everything is done but the grip - but that's the core part of a conversion. And if it's a Crapco stock stuck on the back that's worth - $.... dagibson's take above is about right on value. If you have a pic, post it and you will get more intelligent info.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not totally up to speed on Saigas and conversions, but I think there is some misunderstanding going on here as to what a conversion is.

The way I understand it. . . .

This is a "converted" Saiga, meaning the fire-control group has been moved forward.

images

And this is an "unconverted" Saiga with a Tapco "shortcut" kit installed, made to look like a conversion without actually moving the fire-control group.

TapcoSaigaStock.jpg

Am I correct about this?

bullet you will probably want to tell the difference before making an informed decision on this Saiga's value.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    The trigger group hasn't been moved forward, but it doesn't have the M4 stock. Anything less than 800? I'm a couple hours away from buying this, yay or nay?

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    The trigger group hasn't been moved forward, but it doesn't have the M4 stock.

I take it you mean does have the m4. If the trigger group hasn't been moved its uncoverted and no value added, even with the m4 imo. Your handguard and mags can vary the value greatly too. Utg maybe 25$, chaos rail around 125$. Give us a break down or snap a pic and we can give you a pretty precise value.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I am a noob as well but have been looking at all ideas for a HD shotgun. I see new guns selling for 600 and a Chaos quad with sights is 175. a conversion kit will be 150-250 and it sounds like this gun has NOT been converted, depening on the maker of the rail I wouldnt pay more than 650-700 depending on quality of components.

On a side note the guy who is making the Chaos stuff use to work in our machine shop, small world.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    just curious how's the kick on these things? is it pretty close to your standard 12 guage shotgun or is there less kick?

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Here's more details. The forearm is Carolina shooting supply, the front grip is mapul, the stock is ace. I don't remember the grip. Original owner, low round count all the original boxes. 700 dollars.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    buy it.

Right now they are running over $600 unconverted.

Ace stock is probably at least $100. CSS is a reputable vendor, so forearm is probably decent. Magpul, again good to go.

If you can get it cheaper, go for it, but $700 seems to be a good price.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    decent deal, but you're still going to have $600 in it by the time you ship it and transfer it. Then you still have to convert it.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    This is why I'm going to stick with a "regular" shotgun, pump and/or semi.

Saigas are WAY too complicated for me to understand!

Nah, if your ever my way your more than welcome to try mine, byoa of course. After the first 20 rd drum dump you will be hooked. OP did you get your gun or what? Its been two hours, post a pic! ;)

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I got it. I was going to offer him less, but got to thinking 700 was fair. Plus he's a friend and an ex-marine who serve in Iraq. I have a very high respect to our men and women who serve for our country.

He's the orginal owner. It has 300 rounds, bird shot only, though it. Orginal box, papers, cleaning kit, stock, etc. It's in very good shape. I really don't think I got hurt. I didn't steal it, but I'm still happy.

I'll post pictures in a few.

Top Bottom