• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    I have a nice 1957 Remington Model 513-T Matchmaster. It holds nice groups despite its age.

9966219_1.jpg

Ho.w is the trigger pull on yours? I had owned one a while back that if you breathed on it wrong it fired. Not an issue if you where ready for it. thanks for the picture

atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    Its not super rare, but a Winchester 52d target rifle from the CMP. It is an amazing shooter though.
    I totally agree with this. Ive got a 52a and can consistently shoot a 6"x6" steel plate with open sights at 200yrd. best shooting 22 ive encountered.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My dad has an 1950's J.C. Higgens bolt action. It's basicly a Savage of some sort. It was the first gun I ever shot and the first one I ever got a kill with (groundhog). It's still very accurate.

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    It's hard to say what's rare these days. You can find and buy almost anything on the internet, if you are willing to pay for it.

How about a Remington Model 37? As it came from the factory. 99% condition. You don't see many that have not been altered in any condition.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Model 24 Remington 1937 vintage chambered for shorts, Model 61 Winchester with a Lyman peep on the receiver and a early 60s Golden 39A Marlin Mountie.. They are all works of art in my opinion and too much fun to shoot.
    Just picked up the Mountie about two weeks ago and thought about selling the Model 24 to clear some room in the safe but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it. I'll work on pictures and try to add later.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    Same here. My Grandfather's Model 67 from the early 30's, ...

I don't know if that is rare or not, but something like that from my grandfather would be invaluable to me. The initials on the stock, all the more so, knowing he put them there. What a great heirloom. Thanks for sharing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Awhile ago, I picked up a model 1889 Swiss long rifle which had been converted by a Swiss gunsmith into a single shot .22. Probably the most overbuilt and heaviest .22 I've ever seen and a lot of fun to shoot.

I have a Polish WZ-48 trainer (looks like a Mosin 91/30) that I swear is stout enough to shoot 460 Weatherby. Got it from Indiucky's shop. Single shot, really accurate and gets a lot of looks at the range when people are expecting the "boom" of a Mosin and instead hear the "pop" of a .22. :):

atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    It's hard to say what's rare these days. You can find and buy almost anything on the internet, if you are willing to pay for it.

How about a Remington Model 37? As it came from the factory. 99% condition. You don't see many that have not been altered in any condition.

I would say the internet has changed the game for sure and yes an unmolested 37 definatly would fall into the rare catagory. nice gun been looking for one

Top Bottom