• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Last week the Bedford Dunham's got in a shipment of .22 ammo, but the salespeople claimed the "wrong skus" were on the ammo, so they couldn't put it out. Today, I happened to be in the store when they were unloading their truck. I asked if there was going to be any .22 put out. They told me that there was a lot of .22 but they had received the ammo that was supposed to go to Vincennes, and they would have to ship it to them, so they would not be putting any out. I call BS, and think it is going to "friends and family". Has anyone else had similar experiences?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Last week the Bedford Dunham's got in a shipment of .22 ammo, but the salespeople claimed the "wrong skus" were on the ammo, so they couldn't put it out. Today, I happened to be in the store when they were unloading their truck. I asked if there was going to be any .22 put out. They told me that there was a lot of .22 but they had received the ammo that was supposed to go to Vincennes, and they would have to ship it to them, so they would not be putting any out. I call BS, and think it is going to "friends and family". Has anyone else had similar experiences?

It it was a grand conspiracy to deprive people of 22 ammo, why didn't they just say they were sold out?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    It it was a grand conspiracy to deprive people of 22 ammo, why didn't they just say they were sold out?

Because they DO get a shipment of .22 in every week, and have used that excuse TOO many times. They can't be "sold out" when you are there while they are unloading the trucks, so they keep coming up with off the wall excuses. Every week it is a new excuse, and even more unbelievable. Oh yeah, a few weeks ago they couldn't put the .22 ammo out because the "packing list/invoice got wet".

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Because they DO get a shipment of .22 in every week, and have used that excuse TOO many times. They can't be "sold out" when you are there while they are unloading the trucks, so they keep coming up with off the wall excuses. Every week it is a new excuse, and even more unbelievable.

How do you know they get a shipment?

If it is as you say, why not find a new place of business?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    How do you know they get a shipment?

Because some of the employees confirm it

If it is as you say, why not find a new place of business?

Becase it is the ONLY place in town that gets .22 other tha Wal-mart. From the W-mart employees, It seems the same three or four old geezers get all of the .22 that they get in.

Boy, I asked if it had appended to anyone else - I didn't expect to get the 3rd degree . . .

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Sure. Happens at Wally world all the time.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Boy, I asked if it had appended to anyone else - I didn't expect to get the 3rd degree . . .

No, you launched an accusation, and you got called on it. I don't suppose you asked a store manager did you?

A more plausible explanation is they don't want some guy hanging around all day watching them unload a truck. Having worked in retail during college, swarming customers like you are the worst to deal with.

Or maybe I'm defending them because the employees are giving all that .22 to me! :shady:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow...rough crowd tonight.

HK, I've given up looking...well....I've given up expecting find 22LR on the shelf when I do look. Dunham's is kind of frustrating the way they do their handgun ammo. I can understand why they want to keep it locked up but why they think they've got to practically hide it in a lower case, behind the counter...:rolleyes:

I'd encourage you to ask a manager about what you've been told. If the employees are up to shenanigans and possibly violating store policy, I'd bet a good manager would want to know about it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    For a business owner, I can't imagine how much it must suck to have a product so popular that you can't even get it on the shelf before it's sold out. I really feel bad for them that they have to lie to their customers just so they can enjoy the experience of having those boxes on the shelf. Unsold. While their customers' money walks out the door.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For a business owner, I can't imagine how much it must suck to have a product so popular that you can't even get it on the shelf before it's sold out. I really feel bad for them that they have to lie to their customers just so they can enjoy the experience of having those boxes on the shelf. Unsold. While their customers' money walks out the door.

It's very possible the employees were telling the truth.

If I were an employee hiding the ammo to purchase myself or save for friends and family, I wouldn't waste my time coming up with the stories the op is being told. "Sorry, we're out" seems so much simpler.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    "sold out" might be the truth. If they have a waiting list then the few boxes that come in are already spoken for, hence they are "sold out".

You might ask if you can put you name on the list if they have one. Of course if you have offended them, your name is already on their list.

Sorry , but I just could not resist that one.

Seriously, some gun shops do have a list and fill it as inventory comes in. My experience is that as I shop a couple of the local gun stores often. some say I have my own chair, but I do get sometimes advance notice on stuff coming in and a chance to get dibbs on what is coming in.

Or you can go in with fresh pizza, and say you are sorry for making a pain of yourself, Here is pizza for everyone. Now are you sold out of 22 ammo still?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    "sold out" might be the truth. If they have a waiting list then the few boxes that come in are already spoken for, hence they are "sold out".

You might ask if you can put you name on the list if they have one. Of course if you have offended them, your name is already on their list.

Sorry , but I just could not resist that one.

Seriously, some gun shops do have a list and fill it as inventory comes in. My experience is that as I shop a couple of the local gun stores often. some say I have my own chair, but I do get sometimes advance notice on stuff coming in and a chance to get dibbs on what is coming in.

Or you can go in with fresh pizza, and say you are sorry for making a pain of yourself, Here is pizza for everyone. Now are you sold out of 22 ammo still?

I'd bet a pizza that the average Walmart or store like dunham's is currently losing more money in labor dealing with the multitude of pissed off people in search of 22 coming into their store daily than they're actually profiting off of the little 22 ammo they do get.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I'd bet money that it's going to employees or their friends for resale! After all they are not paid that much and are taking advantage of the situation to make a few bucks. Reminds me of the good old days at foot locker and Jordan's.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd bet money that it's going to employees or their friends for resale! After all they are not paid that much and are taking advantage of the situation to make a few bucks. Reminds me of the good old days at foot locker and Jordan's.

This is exactly what is going on in many stores. There have been several Wally employees fired for this or similar tactics.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    If any of you have been in Dunhams within the past year then you would understand the frustration. The turnover of personnel has been crazy & if you asked 3 people about ammo you would get 3 different stories. Once I went in there around 5pm when I got off work to look around & see if the had a particular item. They had what I was looking for & had received an ammo shipment that day & put it out. Decided not to buy anything so I left. 3 hours later decided I would go back & get what I passed on earlier. Miraculously they had even more ammo put out all on top of the counter that wasn't there at 5pm.

Top Bottom