• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Please quote me where I said the cop was lying or he wasn’t reaching. I’ve even posted that the cop was probably already on edge with the out of state license plate on the rental car and to add to that that it is parked in front of the Tahoe with hood open and also it’s dark out. There are a of problems that lead up to this. To say it’s because he’s was open carrying is nonsense.

I didn't say that it was because he was open carrying. I said that it played a part. Cop sees gun = cop heightens level of alert. Cop doesn't see gun, maybe things don't go sideways so quickly.

And I didn't say that YOU said that the cop was lying. That was the general direction that the thread was going (complete with some impressive fan-fiction scenarios) when it got closed.

Nothing personal, dude.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think the subject is going to disappear. I drove past where it happened today. A roadside memorial has appeared. People are angry.

I'm not surprised it spiraled out of control. A lot of people that haven't been paying attention to the news over the Holidays came back today. I received rep this morning from a couple of members on something I said way back in the thread.

I bailed out when it was still borderline civil, because I was having a hard time maintaining any civility at all
    Knowing when to walk away and take a break is the mature thing to do. Lord knows I have had to extradite myself from a few discussions when the LZ got hot.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I didn't say that it was because he was open carrying. I said that it played a part. Cop sees gun = cop heightens level of alert. Cop doesn't see gun, maybe things don't go sideways so quickly.

And I didn't say that YOU said that the cop was lying. That was the general direction that the thread was going (complete with some impressive fan-fiction scenarios) when it got closed.

Nothing personal, dude.
    It’s all good. :yesway:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My thanks to CM. For the record, this is the only shooting related forum I visit (there are two others) which requires so much moderator attention. Now that I think of it, one doesn't even have or need any moderators and the other has little need. Sad!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m sorry but I’m going to call people out when they say I won’t do “this” because of “this” when it happens the other way all the time. We’ve all seen those stories that he was not following directions and was reaching for something in his waist or pockets and nothing was there but still was shot.

Look, sorry or not I said to keep it i check just a few posts before you went south. That was possibly the 4th in thread so yeah, I am sorry but when I ask that we slow down then just slow down. That simple.
    It is what I am tasked to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom